Sign in to follow this  
NicholasB

installed fsx SP2 and lights no longer working

Hi guys,Looking for some advice. I just installed FSX SP2 and once i fire up the sim and load a PMDG 747 the logo lights dont seem to be working.Has anyone had a similiar problem? and or anybody provide some advice on this matter? On another note, is there any kind of progress in regars to the "real Weather" problems when flying the PMDG 747. You know the one regarding extreme fluctuations in LNAV and VNAV. just curios as i am getting bored with the built in FSX weather scenarios.Thanks,NicholasB

Nicholas,The FSX real weather problem is basically the same as we saw with FS9. Be aware that this is not a a PMDG problem. The plane is behaving as it should. It is the violent weather shifts that are the culprits. MS did not change a thing for FS9 but we all benefited from several developers working around the issue. I think you may see the same for FSX. Hope it helps,

Thanks Mats"I think you may see the same for FSX." Are you aware of any utilities or add-ons out there now that help with this issue?thanks again and merry christams!NicholasB

Personally, I am extremely disappointed that ACES did not address the weather problems with FSX, since the problems were so well-known in FS9.To add salt to the wound, ACES actually made things WORSE in FSX - the workarounds that are currently available for FSX (Active Sky and Pete Dowson's FSUPIC) do NOT work properly (i.e. extreme wind shifts sitll occur, just less frequently, and at the cost of CPU and frame rates). And, unless ACES makes some changes, none of the experts is hopeful that a viable workaround is even POSSIBLE with FSX. How's that for a bummer? :(- Bill

- William Ruppel, CYTZ, VATSIM 816871