Sign in to follow this  
downscc

NavData Install Error by Navigraph Installer for FSX

All that are using NAVDATA from Navigraph need to move the files from "...Microsoft Flight Simulator XFMCWPNavData" to "...Microsoft Flight Simulator XPMDGNavData" otherwise you are still using the original data provided when you installed the 744X.

Dan Downs KCRP

You might want to copy the files rather than move them. I know the LSH MD-80 2006 relies on the files being in the original location. There may be others as well.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Navigraph has put up a Rev 2 for PMDG FMS data, which should have the navdata file storage location fix. I have not confirm it yet.

Dan Downs KCRP

I have confirmed Rev 2 NavData from Navigraph does end up in the correct location (...PMDGNavData). Note that only the first download in a cycle is charged, you can download multiple times after the first for no additional charge.

Dan Downs KCRP

After running the Rev2 07_13 installer from Navigraph I did not see any diference in Airac in my FMC. They are still 0712! (FS9 - B744):-(So after checking manual the needed files i see that the airac files for my Queen are NOT changed! In Windows explorer i see that the installer made a new sub-directory named FMC and the 0713 airac files are stored in there. Also the SIDSTARS are stored under the folder FMCNavdataSIDSTARS.This is sure for FSX (i don't know, have no FSX) but for FS9 this will not work.So after manual moved the airac files 0713 to there correct place (FS9 => under ...FMCWP... the FMC of my queen gave me the correct airac.Somebody encoutered the same issue ?I will post this same topic i the Navigraph Forums, we wil sse if i am wrong or miss something.ps : I am sure i have checked the option FS9, witch is by default set to FS9!

I see the same error... he should of kept FS9 install alone but changed the directory from FMCWP to FMC... and that don't cut it. I'll also post a note at his forum... maybe by the time NGX comes out this will be fixed and we can start again.

Dan Downs KCRP

Having just got the 747-400 Aerosoft CD version for FS9, I d/loaded rev 2 from Navigraph and ran the installer. As I had read this thread prior to this I looked for the install and saw that it had still put the SIDSTARS in a folder named FMC. So I moved it but I was not sure if I did it correctly. I moved it in to the NAVDATA folder but when launching either the 737 or 747 they were still showing the Airac cycle as 0506. So I moved the SIDSTARS folder out of the NAVDATA folder so that the directory path is now FMCWP/SIDSTARS but still cycle 0713 does not show on either a/craft FMC only 0506. It seems as if the install has over-written whatever was the latest cycle I had for the 737 prior to getting the 747 but I have that backed up on a DVD.Then I saw that Terry Yingling is still offering his data free so I d/loaded cycle 0713 from his site and that puts the SIDSTARS folder in FS9/PMDG which also doesn't show up and copying his data to FMCWP doesn't work either.Please, what is going on here? The reason I got into this is that I wanted to do the 747 tutorial flight in the Aerosoft brief manual, from Geneva to Berlin but could not find any of the SIDS or STARS mentioned in there.I would be grateful for any suggestions as to how to get the latest cycle showing up in the FMCs for both a/craft. Thanks.Iain Smith

Regardless of the current NavData installations, the proper paths are as follows:FS9FMCWPNavdataFS9PMDGSIDSTARSFSXPMDGNavdataFSXPMDGSIDSTARS

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

>Having just got the 747-400 Aerosoft CD version for FS9, I>d/loaded rev 2 from Navigraph and ran the installer. As I had>read this thread prior to this I looked for the install and>saw that it had still put the SIDSTARS in a folder named FMC.>So I moved it but I was not sure if I did it correctly. I>moved it in to the NAVDATA folder but when launching either>the 737 or 747 they were still showing the Airac cycle as>0506. So I moved the SIDSTARS folder out of the NAVDATA folder>so that the directory path is now FMCWP/SIDSTARS but still>cycle 0713 does not show on either a/craft FMC only 0506. It>seems as if the install has over-written whatever was the>latest cycle I had for the 737 prior to getting the 747 but I>have that backed up on a DVD.>>Then I saw that Terry Yingling is still offering his data free>so I d/loaded cycle 0713 from his site and that puts the>SIDSTARS folder in FS9/PMDG which also doesn't show up and>copying his data to FMCWP doesn't work either.>>Please, what is going on here? The reason I got into this is>that I wanted to do the 747 tutorial flight in the Aerosoft>brief manual, from Geneva to Berlin but could not find any of>the SIDS or STARS mentioned in there.>>I would be grateful for any suggestions as to how to get the>latest cycle showing up in the FMCs for both a/craft. Thanks.>>Iain SmithIn the mean time Navigraph released there Airac Rev 3 for PMDG. Did not tested it yet but most probably those install problem are solved !

Nope, Rev 3 has a different wrong path for FS9, but FSX looks okay.

Dan Downs KCRP

>Nope, Rev 3 has a different wrong path for FS9, but FSX looks>okay.I've solved it in FS9 by copying Rev 3 data from where it was installed in FMCWP to the PMDG folder. My FMC now shows the 0713 cycle.Previously, when I moved it rather than copying it still did not show up so thanks to Al Jordan who mentioned that he thought it might be needed in both locations.Iain Smith

I too copied 0713 REV3 data from where it was installed in FS9 FMCWP to the PMDG folder. Now enroute to KORD, when pressing the DEP/ARR key on the FMC, STARS appear as NONE and APPROACHES appear as NONE. I am unable to select an approach or runway??? I did not have a problem flying into EGPK.Any ideas?Ken

Guest diskus

I have not been able to get s response from navigraph themeselves on any issue, is this typical of them?Mike

Ken:The copying of navdata should not affect sidstars, which is a separate set of files (one for each airport) in the SIDSTARS directory. The navdata is a set of about five files in the NavData folder. Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

The trick to getting a response on FMS data issues with Navigraph is to post a note at Navdata.. not intuitively obvious. The URL is http://forum.navdata.at/

Dan Downs KCRP