Sign in to follow this  
eurowing

74X 2d zoom panel fps drop

hi all,I just purchased the 74X two days ago and I have a little problem.My fps drop from 20 to about 6 when I go from the regular 2D Captains panel to zoomed panel. It seems that the 'non zoom' panel still runs in the background which would explain the extreme drop. I am using the view switch button to do that.However, if I click the three screens (PFD etc.) one by one to undock them (so they are pretty much the same size as they are in zoomed mode) I hardly get any fps drop. Almost the same picture as the zoomed panel, but hardly any loss in performance.I remember in FS9 you lost a couple of fps with the zoomed panel due to the larger displays, but I got close to the same fps loss by undocking the displays.Anybody else experiencing this?

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

I just realized that this only occurs when I run the dual monitor configuration (no additional windows on the second monitor, though - that was the first thing I checked, of course).any ideas?

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

btw i have the xfx 7800gt with the latest drivers...merry christmas

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

Denis,XP or Vista? If it's Vista, I noticed that the drivers were not nearly optimized when I had my old 7800 - they are for the 8800 series though.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

hey Ryan,sorry. i am running xp home on a single core cpu (AMD 3500+)happy holidays!

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX