Sign in to follow this  
Guest mell

NO V SPEEDS

Guest mell

HII have recently noticed when programming the FMC in both the B737/B747 (FS9) everything is ok until i try to bring up the V Speeds.I get the message saying pre flight complete but no V Speeds appear.Anybody else have this problem. Thanks MELVYN

Have you selected the departure runway?

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest mell

I have double checked everything again but still cannot select v speeds,everything else is working.

First check the obvious (sorry but necessary!).. these not necessarily in the right order but I'm thinking while tryping...Departure runway selectedSID selectedRoute activated and executedAppropriate flap setting input to the FMCIn the 744 you need to click on each of the v-speeds and t/o CofG to confirm it, this isn't necessary in my 737Fuel/weight config page completed? (Under Perf Init)I'm not sure if vspeeds would be availabe if you were above MTOW but worth checking that as wellIf it says pre-flight is complete then that is a tad confusing but would suggest that somewhere you have missed something simple.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

Guest mell

HiI have double checked everything again but still the same results.I have found i can enter the speeds manually by entering them in the scratchpad and then transferring them,is any site i can find correct speeds for the 737 NG and 747-400. MELVYN

On our RW aircraft, the values don't appear if your IRS's haven't been aligned. Could this be a factor?Cheers.Q> イアン

IRS isn't a factor in the 737NG... I'm wondering how he is getting the pre-flight complete message but no V-speeds... maybe he is not confirming the gross wt? Something to play with later.

Dan Downs KCRP

From my memory, you don't get v-speeds in the 737. Even after pre-flight is complete, you'll still get three dashes for each speed. Clicking on the corresponding button will bring up the correct speed for the weight though, if you don't want to use an external program/sheet to calculating v-speeds.Slightly different in the 747, where it will give you v-speeds when pre-flight is complete, in the form of small numbers with an > next to it.

Guest dquarshie

Hi,I experienced the same problem with my PMDG 737-800/900. I was able to fix it. Open up a flight from the 737-800/900 where you load up the FMC/enter the Route and performance information, etc. Pay attention to the fuel on FMC. If you are having problems with not obtaining V-Speeds, more than likely there is also a problem or conflict between the fuel displayed on the FMC and the fuel that is actually loaded into the plane itself. On Aircraft menu, you can verify fuel inconsistency with Aircraft/Fuel and Payload against the FMC fuel. Your FMC might say 5.5 for fuel while the Aircraft/Fuel and Payload shows 11,000 loaded onto the plane.To fix the problem: On the Menu select, PMDG/737NG/Styles. Start with the selection of the first airline under styles (I skipped and went first with American Airlines b/c that's what I use most of the time), and then go back to the flight and check FMC. Problem will be correct if fuel on FMC matches fuel actually loaded into plane. If the first style does not work, then go to the next style listed on the plane. You have to go through the styles until you find that the fuel shown on the FMC is the same as the fuel on the plane via Aircraft/Fuel and Payload.The reason behind the problem is that you more than likely programmed/changed the style display for PFD/ND or EFIS/Map (e.g. American Airlines) from what was originally programmed when you saved the flight (e.g Happag Express), which will cause a confict resulting in "No V Speeds" and inconsistency between the fuel on FMC and fuel loaded into the plane itself.David, NYC

Guest mell

HiI have now sorted problem .Many thanks to all who replied. MELVYN