Sign in to follow this  
kiwikat

747X in Vista SP1 RC

I just installed the Vista service pack 1 release candidate (essentially the final beta for SP1 for those who might not know) and my 747X won't load up properly. It doesn't show the little box that says loading AIRAC and then the progress bars. Once in the sim, the bottom part of the panel doesn't show up either. Should I reinstall it? Or might this be some weird issue being caused by SP1... Microsoft claims that SP1 doesn't cause any problems with existing software though. I guess I got them on that one.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

The RC is not recommended to install. Best to wait for the official release, their are still changes between the two and its not far off now anyway. I am a beta tester and still would not attempt to use this software, until the official public release. It was somebody from Microsoft who told us not to install it.....Reider

It has solved MANY compatibility problems I used to have but this seems to be the only thing on my computer it affected negatively... I guess I'll just restore it for the time being... I want my 747 to work :D

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Just to counter, I installed Vista SP1 RC along with the latest nVidia 169.28's on an 8800GTS 640MB video card and found no issues with the 744. In your case, it could be a glitch or maybe hardware dependant.Regards,Jim Karn

Guest diajohn2

I have also installed Vista RC1 and found no problems with my PMDG. RC1 makes my computer work much better. Did you install SP2 for FSX? I did.

We really aren't gonna be able to comment on or update the aircraft (if necessary) until Vista SP1 final comes out...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

So far, there's absolutely no change required in the 747 codebase for Vista's SP1 bits. It's working perfectly under my Vista64.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

I've been using the 747-400X in Vista Ultimate x32 with SP1 RC1 for almost a week now with no flaws. It runs perfectly. This is the smoothest, most professional simulation I've used to-date! Well done, PMDG!DougDell XPS 720H2C (3.73GHz) | 4GB DDR2 @ 1066 | 300GB RAID0, 10k RPM (C: ) | 500GB (D: ) | 2 x 768MB nVidia 8800GTX in SLI (FW 169.25b) | SB X-Fi Sound | MS Force Feedback 2 | Vista Ultimate x32 SP1 RC1 | DirectX 10.0

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64