Sign in to follow this  
Guest over and out

PFC Jet Yoke and PMDG

Guest over and out

I'm thinking about geting this expensive yoke. I have read that it is top notch and worth the price? Just wondering if there are any users of it with the PMDG 737 NG and 747 etc and how well it works?JSCServer PC: Dell XPS Gen2P 3.2 GHz; 2G mem; ATI 1950X 512m; Saitek X-45 and Pedals; TrackIR; Dell 24

With the conversion from UK puonds to US$ it only works out around 500 pounds.... that is on my next shopping list :)Rob

Rob Prest

Guest sunbear

Or this one:http://www.flypfc.com/jetliner_yoke_boeing_737.htmlAlso, when you think of how many dollars we throw at upgrading computer hardware every other year, it's amazing that we don't purchase the few components that make flying as real as it gets and that is an expensive real-feel yoke like the PFC brand, a good set of rudder pedals and a decent throttle quad. This is what flying is all about. The other cheap yokes, pedals and throttles offered are far from the real feel. So if you want to know halfways what it is like to fly the real thing, then the above three should be at the top of the list. Just my opinion and experience flying the real NG simulator.Regards,jack

Guest Just747-400

JSC,I am using PFC products for a very long time and very happy with the quality and product support. Only one note regarding purchasing the yoke, make sure that the unit will be for USB port versus for the serial port. It is worth the money. If you will decide buying the product, please get in touch with me and I will help you out with the sensitivity settings to get as close as possible with the real feel of the airplane.

Guest over and out

here is the one I'm looking at:http://www.flypfc.com/entertainment%20products/jet.htmlIt's the JET STYLE CIRRUS YOKERETAIL PRICE $595.00 USB $595.00 Compatible Software: Flight Simulator, X-PLANE and ELITE Connectivity: USB or Serial Port (see below)Compatible Operating Systems: Win 98, ME, XP and 2000 Serial Port: If used in conjunction with a PFC flight console: These yokes can be specially wired to work with our hardware controller found only in our Flight Consoles and Throttle Quadrant Console. Yoke Cabinet Dimensions: width 14"depth 12" height 5"weight 19 lbs

Guest over and out

Great, thanks!I'm sure I will get it some time in the new year. Yes 595 is expensive. But I was thinking of the CH Products or Saitek, but when I consider how much I love this hobby and how long I'll be using it, it will be an investment.JSCServer PC: Dell XPS Gen2P 3.2 GHz; 2G mem; ATI 1950X 512m; Saitek X-45 and Pedals; TrackIR; Dell 24

Sorry to wake up an old thread but I'm thinking of buying the Cirrus Saab Yoke from PFC. It cost's 595USD and I presume it is the same one as James was looking at. This was 3 ½ years ago so other people should have bought it as well. Anyone have any opinion to its realism? Especially smoothness, range of movement, the forces of the yoke in comparison to real life yokes. Thanks in advance.

I have the PFC 737 Column yoke, rudder pedals and jet console along with the 737 throttle quadrant. Have had them for years and use them for nearly every plane I fly. The throttle quadrant is interchangeable with what ever plane you are flying. I also have the Aerosoft 737 MCP for the 737. I got it for the FS9 737 and am hoping it will be useable. It will probably need a new driver.Tom Hibben

Sorry to wake up an old thread but I'm thinking of buying the Cirrus Saab Yoke from PFC. It cost's 595USD and I presume it is the same one as James was looking at. This was 3 ½ years ago so other people should have bought it as well. Anyone have any opinion to its realism? Especially smoothness, range of movement, the forces of the yoke in comparison to real life yokes.
Yes! I just recently bought the Saab Yoke and love it! I've had both the Saitek and CH yokes, and can say this is way better. There is no center detent for pitch, unlike the others, which makes landings much smoother now. The pressures feel just about right in all axis', and the number of switches gives you a lot of options. It has a very solid feel all around. Note, it does not have a hat switch, which makes some things a bit of a pain, but I use TrackIR so normally it's not much of a big deal. Only dislike is the push/pull throttle is behind the yoke in a bit of an awkward position but given the rest of the quality, I have no hesitation recommending this. It's a huge jump up! Hope that helps!Oh, and there is no clamp to hold it down, so when you're pulling or pushing pitch to the stops it will slide on you with some sort of front/back stop. It's heavy, but not quite heavy enough. I built a custom wood shelf under my desk to lock it in place with.

Tony

I agree with Tony about the saab yoke, it's so great and much better than mu saitek yoke that it makes it feel like a toy. I have it on my desk and I'm using 4 small velcro at the botton to hold the yoke very steady. Highly recommended worth every $$$$$.