Sign in to follow this  
DF9AA

Again . . . 2 FMC-Questions

1. After a few flights with both 744 and 744F I noticed a considerable difference in the fuel consumption between both aircraft - its about 7 to 10 % LESS FF in the cargo version. Is this normal or just a mistake ?I asked this before but received no answer neither inofficial nor official from PMDG.This is especially important when planning a flight very close to MAX LDG WT - I had several occasions arriving at destination OVER max ldg wt.2. Next item I noticed ever since I use the PMDG 744, the FMC shows for fuel at dest a figure which is too high - the reason for this is a wrong fuel calculation for the very last part of the trip, which is from OM outer marker to touchdown whereby the figure is about 1200 to 1500 kgs for ONE minute - actually the real value is about 400 to 500 kgs.My question now - is the figure in FMC for dest the fuel at TOUCHDOWN or does it include the taxi-in fuel ?I have saved about 25 approaches at different airports and after a test row at all apts I found the same difference ! Karl-Heinz - EDDI/THF " Tempelhof "" The mother of all airports " - Sir Norman Fosterhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

>1. After a few flights with both 744 and 744F I noticed a>considerable difference in the fuel consumption between both>aircraft - its about 7 to 10 % LESS FF in the cargo version.>Is this normal or just a mistake ?>I asked this before but received no answer neither inofficial>nor official from PMDG.>This is especially important when planning a flight very close>to MAX LDG WT - I had several occasions arriving at>destination OVER max ldg wt.I'll have to check with Vangelis on this. The freighter and pax models do have different flight dynamics, it could be an actual difference between the two.>2. Next item I noticed ever since I use the PMDG 744, the FMC>shows for fuel at dest a figure which is too high - the reason>for this is a wrong fuel calculation for the very last part of>the trip, which is from OM outer marker to touchdown whereby>the figure is about 1200 to 1500 kgs for ONE minute - actually>the real value is about 400 to 500 kgs.>My question now - is the figure in FMC for dest the fuel at>TOUCHDOWN or does it include the taxi-in fuel ?>I have saved about 25 approaches at different airports and>after a test row at all apts I found the same difference !Again, I'll have to ask Vangelis - this is his area. I'll post back when I get a response from him.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi,I did a row of "test flights" with the 400F and got confirmed that the fuel consumption is LESS than the pax version . . . I use for my flightplanning about 5 % less during cruise - from TOD to touchdown it is about equal to the pax version,but . . .time and FF to TOC is much less than the pax747normal to FL330 with pax a/c is about 19 to 20 mins and a distance of 120 to 125 NM - the 400F uses only 14 to 15 mins and of course also less fuel for about 90 to 100 NM - both within the same weight range !!Karl-Heinz - EDDI/THF " Tempelhof "" The mother of all airports " - Sir Norman Fosterhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg