Sign in to follow this  
Guest sk121

VNAV CLB profile very strange behavior

Guest sk121

Hi I am having a serious issue while using VNAV in the 747X in FSX. After entering a flight plan, verifying performance and takeoff metrics...i am seeing the followingWhen you select the VNAV page in FMC..the CLB page says "0KT CLB" All of the numbers in the page look correct but why does it say "O KT CLB"?? Shouldn't be something like "ECON CLB" or "250KT CLB"?Now the real problem is when you engage VNAV, after TO and at 800 feet and Flaps 5 setting, CLB is engaged and the MCP speed setting incorrectly is set to 100!!! This is not the speed shown in the LEGS or RTE page of the flight plan..or in the VNAV CLB pages. ofcourse as soon as this happens you can no longer use VNAV. I have read on this forum that atleast one other person had the same issue and uninstalling and reinstalling didn't work either.Any ideas??thanks!Samir

Guest Just747-400

Samir,Please show a picture with MCP, PERF INIT and VNAV page.I don

Guest sk121

VNAV and LNAV are engaged before TO (therefore so is the Flight director and autothrottle). MCP speed is set V2+10 and I have 10,000 feet dialed into the Altituude. I just don't turn on the autopilot command switch until after I have left the ground. Soon after takeoFF VNAV disengages (and FLT change lights up on the MCP and the SPEED gets incorrectly set to 100).

Guest Just747-400

Samir,You have and EICAS ADVISORY MESSAGE regarding IRS DC power, most likely you missed items on your preflight or you have it set as a failure. Anyhow, I would go for a cockpit setup flow again and make sure that all the switches are in the proper position and if that