Sign in to follow this  
mrbutt

747-400X and FSX Performance

Hi !I have a question regarding your PMDG OPS "747-400 FSX Technical Specs & Performance" page. There is a Performance Chart which compares several System Configurations and how they perform with FSX and the 747-400X. I saw that Machine 6 seems to be the system that performs best with the 747-400X. I'm a bit surprised cause this system is a vista system. I was mentioned before that Vista has a OOM Problem and less performance with FSX and the 747X. There is also no comparison between the same system running XP. Would it have less FPS? The CPU is a quad-core CPU, does this work better with VIsta? And what about the OOM Errors, did they appear.I ask all this questions because i want to buy a new system that runs FSX and 747-400X best and doesn't surprise me with CTD or OOM.Christian

Guest Just747-400

Christian,This system 6 that I have is nothing special about it, all what I did is using this patch from http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/tags...es/default.aspx and also I think that all this performance is attributed to the video card I have. A good defrag program will also help. After applying that patch I never had any OOM or CTD. Something that I noted recently after applying this Vista SP1 RC is that the FSX is more stable regarding the FPS and the ground textures are clearer than before, actually at 65% zoom (that is closer to what you see through the windows) I don

Hi Alex!First of all, thanks for your fast reply !Wow you never had a OOM or CTD after installing the patch? It would just be great. By the way are you using the 32 or the 64 bit Vista? I want to use 4 GB of memory and heard that it wouldn't work on 32 bit Vista. Your Video Card seems to be very good, but i wanted to use a NVidia Card, hope it works as fast as yours. Well the issue with DX10 is a riddle for me, as i thought DX10, Vista and a DX10 Video Card would accelerate the FSX. Regarding to the Quad-Core CPU that i want to install i also think that Vista is the better platform. Did you ever try your system on XP?Thanks a lot.Christian

Guest Just747-400

Hi Christian,I used XP and I got a little less performance (about 5 to 8 less FPS ) compared to the Vista 32 that I am currently running on (I don