Sign in to follow this  
shuoxing

[PMDG744X]Engine Problem with Cold&Dark

Hi!I have a severe problem with my PMDG744X. When I enter the FSX, I loaded the panel state like "PMDG747XCold and Dark KESA". Although all displays went black, I can still hear the sound of Engines! so I cut the throttle manually, and the noise faded out.However, The most crusial problem happened next. After I completed the before start procedure, I started the engines. They seemed work fine through EICAS, but actually, they didn't start AT ALL! They didn't make any noise and were unable to control of course. From the outside view, the engines remained stop.I've noticed some users used to post the similar post, however, the problem didn't solve at last. Actually, I didn't get this problem every time. But this problem happens 7 out of 10. I haven't find the difference between a sucessful one and a failure one. Can anybody tell me the correct things to do? Really thanks a lot!!!

Oh, no!!!Although It seemed went ok this morning(Beijing Time), however, it went wrong again. A failure startup is just wasting my time.I obeyed every rule strictly. Loaded the aircraft only once, used my own cold and dark panel state (I saved it this morning, and it went ok when started engines then). But when I start the engine this time, they failed to work again. The EICAS displayed normally too...I've tried to start without AUTOSTART, but I got the same result.My POOR PMDG744X.....It really........I have nothing to say.

Well, I have several problems related to this. I figured it out that you must exit from FSX after each flight before flying again with PMDG 747X or it cause severe problems including weird panel state or crashes. Matyas Majzik

Really thanks for your advice, but sill not ok.I tried twice this evening(UTC+8)... They all failed... And I wasted over 1 hour on it.Here is my detailed procedure. I promised I only load the aircraft once! Startup FSX and Load PMDG.[FIRST EFFORT]1. Go to FSX, Load panel state.2. Cut off engines.3. Finished before start procedure.4. Start engines.[i even not dared to switch out the screen during the preparation.]But, the same problem happened, engines can not be started. EICAS displayed normally.[sECOND EFFORT]1. Go to FSX. Switch off the throttles and Stanby power manually.2*. Load Pax, Fuel through Load Manager (I didn't do that on the first effort)3.Finished before start procedure.4. Start engines.Everything else went ok. Why? I really wonder why?!!!! I'm going to be mad...

I think it is neccesarry to add something.Here is my hardwaresCPU: Intel Q6600 (Four Cores)Memory: 2.0G DDR2 800Video Card: XFX 8800GTS 320MOS: Windows XP SP2FSX: FSX sp1Addon: FSUIPC4 (Unregistered) PMDG 744X /744FXThat's all. Please help. Really Thank you!

The first thing I look for when my engines don't start spinning is a look at the start "pull" switch. If there's no white dot then the next thing I look for is to make sure the engine cutoff switches on the throttle quadrant are in the run position. I've had this embarassing mistake more than once. If those are up, then I start troubleshooting by looking at the engine and APU bleed switches and start working backwards through the checklist. It has always been an error on my part.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Shuoxing, no help here but you may want to update FSX to service pack 2, it can't hurt. http://www.fsinsider.com/downloads/Pages/F...rvicePack2.aspxI have a somewhat similar condition that I have posted to the FS2crew forum http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...d=107&mode=full>I think it is neccesarry to add something.>>Here is my hardwares>CPU: Intel Q6600 (Four Cores)>Memory: 2.0G DDR2 800>Video Card: XFX 8800GTS 320M>OS: Windows XP SP2>FSX: FSX sp1>Addon: FSUIPC4 (Unregistered) PMDG 744X /744FX>>That's all. Please help. Really Thank you!

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

Currious what motherboard do you have? I am trying to see if there is anything common with mine, which a Striker Extreme 680i Nividia chipset.I stil have not resolved my issue even after numouous re-installs including two or three OS re-installs.

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

I also have problems with reloading the PMDG panel state from a saved file, but I have to say I've had similar problems with most of the complex aircraft add-ons I've used, most notably the Level-D 767, which at least until their latest service pack would tend to reset to cold and dark if you loaded a flight in the cruise stage.I can only assume that FSX has limitations that make it difficult for third party developers to make this work as it should?Colin

Hi Colin, what motherboard are you using?

Regards,
Gary Andersen

>Hi Colin, what motherboard are you using?I'm using a 2 year old Dell 5150, so whatever's in that. I can't imagine the motherboard would make any difference to this issue though, it seems like a software problem to me.I'll be able to confirm this one way or another soon -- as soon as scan.co.uk receive their shipment of Q9450s they'll be sending me one along with a new motherboard, graphics card and everything else. Can't wait... :)Colin

FIXED!!Finally figured it out. The loading of the pre-loaded flight with the glider was messing me up for some reason.Add the following line to the FSX CFG file under the Main heading:DisablePreload=1Works fine now thanks again to all that tried to help.>Hi Shuoxing, no help here but you may want to update FSX to>service pack 2, it can't hurt. >http://www.fsinsider.com/downloads/Pages/F...rvicePack2.aspx>>I have a somewhat similar condition that I have posted to the>FS2crew forum >http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...d=107&mode=full>>>I think it is neccesarry to add something.>>>>Here is my hardwares>>CPU: Intel Q6600 (Four Cores)>>Memory: 2.0G DDR2 800>>Video Card: XFX 8800GTS 320M>>OS: Windows XP SP2>>FSX: FSX sp1>>Addon: FSUIPC4 (Unregistered) PMDG 744X /744FX>>>>That's all. Please help. Really Thank you!>

Regards,
Gary Andersen