Sign in to follow this  

RUDDER PEDALS - to replace a dodgy Saitek X36 axis..

I've had it up to high heaven now with this joystick. I've tried absolutely everything thats possible to sort out the dodgy, flucuating digital rudder axis readouts, but with no success. FSUIPC, Saitek configuration programs, null zones etc.... THE LOT!It's amazing to think that i've had the patience with it from the time FS2002 came into the market!It USE to work fine with FS2000 - the best joystick for the job, NOW its so C**P with FS2002 that i've given up with it. I'm going to disable the Rudder axis on the joystick and resort to buying some rudder pedals (at least then i'll be able to control an a/c on the ground!).I haven't setup the rudder axis on the rotary axis because its in use as something else such as elevator trim and spoilers.Another bad aspect about this joystick is that we can't now use the different modes on the joystick like I use to be able to in FS2000. I use to configure the joystick in Saitek's joystick configuration program, but now, FS doesn't even let you go near it!In short - I would NOT recommend this joystick for people who wish to use it with FS!It use to be my choice as a top of the range joystick, now it's at the bottom.I'm going to be upgrading over the next few days and my new motherboard has USB version 2 ports; maybe they'll sort out the problem????I'm now looking for some rudder pedals. What rudder pedals (pref. with toe brakes) do you all recommend?NOTE: I'm going to contact Saitek, because i've seen many posts on this forum concerning problems with this X36 and the X45 with FS - it clearly doesn't want to work to how we'd expect. Hopefully they might be able to come up with a cure, and let us use those MODES again!CheersWill

You didn't mention what OS you're using. If it is WinXP the problem with the X-36 is with the OS. If you have the USB version of the X-36, there is some softare help on the Saitek site and more on a Usere site that can be accessed via the Saitek forum. Hope that helps,Ed Green, KCLTegreen1@carolina.rr.com

I'm using Win98 SE, and my Saitek X36 is USB.I'll look on the Saitek site to see if there is anything new...ThanksWill

HiIm using the X36 with XP and all is working well for me. Sorry to hear your having problems. Maybe your stick croaked?RegardsBobG

Guest SoarPics

Will... I can sympathize with your X-36 experience. Mine croaked this spring, and I just couldn't bring myself to buy the X-45 (same old Saitek stuff, just different packaging). Then I found this:http://www.flightsimcentral.com/thrushotcoug.htmlInfinetely better than the Saitek HOTAS, and the programability is awesome.Regards,

Hi,did you try looking at alternative drivers for the X36? Take a look at saitekhelp.simhq.com - you will find Dhauzimmer's drivers and HazardScript to program the X36. I have no idea if this stuff helps you with the rudder problem, but at least it is possible to program the different modes. Thomas

hmmmm...It could be that the Saitek X36 doesn't like working correctly with Win98SE with FS?As your having no problems with XP, i'll put these pedals on hold for a while and try out a different OS.What do you mean when you say croaked?CheersWill

Yea, i've tried those drivers as well with no improvement.

>It could be that the Saitek X36 doesn't like working correctly with Win98SE with FS?