Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sico2

PMDG 737 - "engine fail" after V1

Guest Sico2

I have a slight problem with my FS9 pmdg 737sEvery time I prepare for take off, engage A/T, A/P,F/D etc. I accelerate until V1, and just before VR, there is a "engine fail" comment and my both engines stall with no possibility to turn them on again(even after pressing ctrl+E). I have to close the current session and restart it, then it doesn't occur anymore. I started both with cold&dark profile, with already engines running on the active runway, with FMC programmed, with none FMC etc. I tried different configurations and nothing works. It is on all my 737 models (-6..-7..-8..-9..). I have no programmed failures 'on', enough fuel, do everything (I assume) I should. It is always the first run.Any advice please?:-hmmm

Known problem with 737NG. This usually happens on second or later leg of multiple leg flights (I was following a SWA flight when I discovered it). Work around is to first make sure that the FMC is completely reset and second to take off without autothrottle, once you're in the air and high enough to turn on autopilot (above 400 AGL) I've found it safe to engage autothrottle. Never had this happen on first run of a session tho-If this is happening on first run the first thing to suspect is noise from your game controller tripping the A/T off.By the way, I have deleted the MSFS keyboard commands for all engine related stuff like E, Ctrl+E, etc., cause I found they create problems with the sym.

Dan Downs KCRP

>I have a slight problem with my FS9 pmdg 737s>>Every time I prepare for take off, engage A/T, A/P,F/D etc. I>accelerate until V1, and just before VR, there is a "engine>fail" comment and my both engines stall with no possibility to>turn them on again(even after pressing ctrl+E). I have to>close the current session and restart it, then it doesn't>occur anymore. I started both with cold&dark profile, with>already engines running on the active runway, with FMC>programmed, with none FMC etc. I tried different>configurations and nothing works. It is on all my 737 models>(-6..-7..-8..-9..). I have no programmed failures 'on', enough>fuel, do everything (I assume) I should. It is always the>first run.>Any advice please?:-hmmmI remember this was a know problem too years ago. Sounds like to me that one of the required update files is not installed.737NG Base Product V1.2737NG V1.2 to V1.3 update Good luck!John F.

Guest Sico2

Thanks guys, I tried both, none of the above worked :/Actually one strange thing happened. When I just tried to start manually, without auto throttle, only 1 engine went down with 'engine fail' We have some progress, but still it bothers me :-hmmm

I'm sorry, I don't understand the problem. A/T is not used to start engines. I'm a little slow, try explaining the problem to someone who has no idea what is happening. Thanks.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest sunbear

I think he meant to say: He started his takeoff roll using manual throttle movement.:)Regards,jack