Sign in to follow this  
Guest sunbear

737NG & 747 ICING

Guest sunbear

Would like to know if ICING is modeled in the 737NG or the 747-400 in FS9?jack

The only icing problems that I have seen so far is pitot tube freeze up and loss of the corresponding gauges, airspeed for example. I've never had any flight control or stall problems, i.e. wing icing show up, even in the worst conditions. Either it's not modeled very well in FS9 or I haven't flown in the worst of it yet. I did have my throttles stick once (no engine response) after a long climb in the 747 Queen of the Skies with icing set in FS9 (I was experimenting with this very icing question). When I turned on nacelle anti-ice, a short time later I was able to get throttle control back.Kim

Guest sunbear

Thanks for your response. Anybody else including PMDG care to respond to my question?Jack

Guest sunbear

Thank you Ryan.Regards,jack