Sign in to follow this  
iainsmith

747-400 for FS9 (Aerosoft CD version) 2D panel

I am intrigued by the 2D panel option in this a/craft. Unlike the 737NG, there are no side window or rear cockpit door views just the main panel. When looking to the side or behind it is as if one is on a flying carpet! I find this very surprising.However, a look at the panel.cfg file is even more surprising as the views are already set up for these windows, etc to be added but they have been disabled by // in front of each line. There is also a file name for each bmp! Can someone please explain this and whether it is possible to get the missing files?ThanksIain SmithP.S. With my present rig I tend not to use VCs as, for some reason when switching views (as opposed to panning) there is a delay waiting for texture fill-in which doesn't happen with photo real 2D panels.

Iain,There are no 2D side views for the 747. Check in the PMDG Options menu, it sounds like you have the VC turned off.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I don't think you read my post in full Ryan. ;-)>There are no 2D side views for the 747.Exactly! And why not? That is the question I was posing. There are in the 737NG and if you read my post you'll see what I've noticed in the 747 panel.cfg file.>it sounds like you have the VC turned off.Yes and the reason is explained in the P.S. to my post. ;-)Thanks for your response.Iain Smith

Well, i have turnd off my VC (for performance reasons) and sinds have no side views in 2d panel. So i think the 2d panel uses the VC views for left/right views.

>So i think the 2d panel uses the VC views for left/right views.Well, no it doesn't William which is the point I'm trying to make and I'd like PMDG to answer. If you have the VC turned off you do not have these views. The question is why not? You did in the 737NG and the 747 panel.cfg file seems to indicate that it was intended for the 747.Iain Smith