Sign in to follow this  
Vic1

Female pilots in fs?

As much as i love flight simulator and PMDG (the best of it in my oppinion) none of my friends get it at all and in particular the female ones who think its unbelievably dull way to spend my time they dont understand it at all and find it very ammusing and sad when i tell them i flew to hawaii last night and fall about laughing when i tell them that i have conversations with the cabin crew (fs2crew), and that i did a flight in real time sitting at the pc for 12 hours etc etc with comments like " you need to get out more" & " where have u flown to today?" . In particular the girl friend who has a hatred for the hobby that has absorbed so many hours of my time, I once talked her in to landing the 747 with me it was an ordeal to say the least, like pulling teeth just convincing her to take part, and i never heard the end of it afterwood either.So it suprizes me to see the odd female user of this forum. I would like to know how many women there are amongst us who are simmers and what they see in the hobby and pmdg flying that my female friends cant no matter how much i try and explain what i enjoy about it, and judging by their reactions it amazes me that there are actually girls out there who do enjoy it, particulaly as it seems to be a predominantly male orientad pass time.Kav

Kav, it's the same when you get married. Of course, if you hope to DO that, you may need to put FS in the hangar until after the honeymoon. ;)

BobK

alternativly i could trade my girl in for one that uses fs herself........that sounds like a far more appealing option:D Kav

My girl is scared beyond belief with flying, I dread getting on a plane to go on holiday with her. However she tolerates my use of fs9 as she seems to think I could land the plane if something went wrong :) lol I keep trying to explain that it's not that simple.Rob

Rob Prest

Robthe thing is,if somthing realy did go wrong and all the flight deck crew were incapacitated and the stewardess asked if there was anyone with flying experience who could assist,would u put your hand up.......ive got a feeling there would be quite a few of us here that would feel fairly confident after flying the PMDG aircraft..... and my girl is also convinced that there would be no problem too, i may have played it up a little admittedly with a bit of bravado!, sounds like we have had the same conversation:-) Kav

Oh and i know its not as simple as that but i dont tell her that hahaKav

I have been married for 10 years to my little woman now and for 8 of them she hated the computor. I ended up buying a new one and the old one was still serviceable to I set it up for her. With in a few m onths of having her own system she became an Internet junky. SHe could not however understand how I could sit and fly planes and drive trains (MSTS).Then I got a CH Yoke. SHe would walk in and make noises like rrrrraaaaww. Pretending she had the yoke and was going in a swan dive. So I had her sit down. Put her in the King AIr and 2 hours later I had to make her give it up. Now she wants her own yoke and I have to buy another copy of FSX. I tried passing off FS9 on her but she knew the difference right away. Thats surprised me too!!!I run a virtual airline and we use FSHost to fly online. Nothing technical, just hook up, fly and BS with Teamspeak. Now she is BSing with all my online flying buddies.I created a monster...Bob Artimwww.vneair.com

Ha ha...thats a funny story..........you lucky man.how did you do it?...........i could not imagine mine turning out that way even after sedation;( kav

I've never met a female simmer but on my last flight to Maui, the first officer was a few months pregnant. Anyway, I too have friends who think I'm a nut but understand since I am going into aviation. I constantly get the, "Where are you flying to today?" question from people. As for the girls, some of them think it's slightly interesting. It's sort of a double edge sword. I would say the best you could hope for is a girlfriend or wife that can tolerate your flying. If they hate it, you lose out automatically. If they love it, you either have to fight over the computer or get another computer and pay for two of everything.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

Ah well, as a friend of mine so eloquently puts it "Girls, they're not like normal people" ;-) Joking apart, they do certainly exist and indeed one of the Vatsim Governors is a lady, she is both a controller and a pilot on the network.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg