Sign in to follow this  
Bjorn11

747-400

Hi,i have a problem with the PMDG 747-400I use the aircraft in fs9 with Vista.When i installed the aircraft or the liveries i hade to install it twice.First the installation was fine but after a while i was told that i hade to install it with the right tools.But now to the flying.I have programmed the aircraft the right way from cold&dark cockpit.Everything looks great and the takeoff goes just like it should but right after takeoff the speed isn

Hi.this is what it lookes like after takeoff.When i took the picture the stall warning just began.It didn

Guest j-mo

Your flaps need to be retracted all the way.

You are in SPD mode, which happens when VNAV trips. It should be indicating THR REF (if memory is correct). The VNAV will trip if it is unable to meet speed targets or altitude constraints. Your pitch is way to nose high, as if it is not being controlled. Perhaps something early after takeoff caused VNAV to trip, can't tell what that might be tho by this stage of the flight.Watch the annunciator above the PFC. It is telling you what controls the aircraft. Normal pitch after flap retraction is much less than 10 deg nose up.

Dan Downs KCRP

So what is your suggestion that i should do?How do i get THR REF instead of SPD mode?What should i write in to Cost index?

"How do i get THR REF instead of SPD mode?"You should get thrust ref when you hit the TOGA switch for takeoff. It should remain in thrust ref until the airplane reaches your MCP altitude (then it goes to speed mode). I have the feeling it did this when you went through 20,000'.Seems something is broken, but there is not enough info to diagnose the problem. Were you using a saved situation? If so, try creating a new one.Cost Index can vary, but most airlines have very low values these days (Less than 100)Cheers.Q>

I have just made a flight and the stall warning is on again as you can see on the pictures.The altitude was set to 10000 feet and when i hit the TOGA button i did get THR REF and reaching 10000 feet i got SPD and after entering the next altitude i got THR REF again. So far so good.I used cost index 80 and CLB 1 in settings.As you can see on the pictures the engines are working fine as well,but why is the speed so very low?And why does it not level out at the altitudes? It just keep on climbing.

Hello there,I have a suggestion which may not solve your problem but may just help us find out where things are going wrong. After passing 1

Justin Paull

Hi,thanks for your replay.I will try that and see if it will work any better.Bj

Whatever the problem is, it's happening before you reach 10,000 where I see your speed has already dropped much too low and the attitude is dangerously nose high. Even a max load should climb to 10,000 at 280+ KIAS then drop the nose to accelerate to climb speed.Let's focus the troubleshooting to the FMC programming and takeoff segment of flight.

Dan Downs KCRP

I`m just doing a perfect flight,thanks to you guys.I`ve read somewhere that i should put one of the v speeds in to IAS/mach which in this case should have been 132.But instead i put 250 and it could have been the problem.After 10000 i put 320 and it

What I do is program the FMC for takeoff. Arm the VNAV/LNAV and then line up on the runway. When ready advance the throttles to 60% and then all the way when stable. Then I hit the TOGA button and pull back at VR speed. Then about 2,000ft engage the left CMD and let the FMC take over. Make sure that the trim is set properly to what the FMC says or takeoff may be difficult. Also as climbing out ensure gear up when positive rate of climb is indicated and retract flaps on schedule (does not take long usually). I usually have my cost index at 80 but can go to 100 sometimes. Have had it down to 50 and does appear to make much if any difference.Are you flying a SID on departure? Maybe it is one the plane cannot handle in the speeds/altitudes and VNAV disconnects.John Veldthuishttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

Could there be interference from your joystick? Maybe it's commanding a nose up, but not enough to disengage the A/P. Try removing your joystick (or check calibration) and try the flight again.Cheers.Q> イアン