Sign in to follow this  
Guest flyboy3408

Problems with autoland in PMDG 747-400

Guest flyboy3408

Hey whats up guys. I have had the 747-400 PMDG program for almost 4 months now and am having a lot of problems with using autoland in the 747-400 program. How do I set autoland up step by step and when do I exactly push the APP button on the MCP? For some reason it seems to have a mind of its own and won't do anything! I can land the PMDG 737-600 and 700 with no problem using the autoland feature but when ATC clears me to the intercept altitude and heading to capture the localizer in the 747-400, nothing happens when I push the APP button and all three autopilot buttons will not arm. Why does it keep doing this? If anybody keep help me out with this, I would really appreciate it. Please email me at CChodson77@comcast.net if you have any tips. ThanksCaleb "flyboy3408"

In MSFS, you have to make sure you are receiving the ground station signals before selecting LOC/APP.. i.e. Are the ILS pointers active on the displays prior to selecting LOC/APP?Cheers.Q> Ян

Guest flyboy3408

Yes the ILS signals are active but nothing happens when I push either button. Am I possibly doing something wrong when it comes to pushing the ILS signal button on the FMC?Regards,C- FB3408

"Am I possibly doing something wrong when it comes to pushing the ILS signal button on the FMC?"Are you manually entering the frequency/course on the ILS line of the NAV RAD page, or letting the FMC autotune?Either way, though, if you're getting the ILS pointers to appear, then the data must be available for the A/P to use. Pushing APP with a single A/P already engaged (in CMD), should light up the other two CMD switches.Just a thought... There used to be an option whereby you had to engage the CMD buttons separately (or am I thinking of LDS or PS1?)Cheers.Q>