Sign in to follow this  
Guest dirkvanderlaan

I have the 737NG running on FSX: need some help with te...

Guest dirkvanderlaan

Happy new year, everybody!I have the 737NG (6/7 series) running in FSX. Installed it with the normal installer, moved it from the aircraft directory to the simobjects/airplane directory, moved the gauges and sounds to their respective directories (see picture 1), started FSX, went through the warnings cycle (choosing 'yes' every time) and here we are: it runs! And I must say: it's better than I thought. I could make a normal flight from Heathrow to Amsterdam without crashing into the ground or CTD's or anything like that. I even made a normal automated ILS approach (picture 3). So, anybody care to give it a try? I'd like to know what problems you encounter. I have met the following issues:I can't use the rotating starter knobs to start the engines - so I used ctrl-e (it works). Also I get no toga annunciation on the PFD at T/O and the CG gives an error (the FMC gives an strange indication (>3000% see picture 3), but with fuel fully loaded (picture 2) the aircraft handles OK). Also when disconnecting the autothrottle, the throttle gets stuck (picture 5). Anyone?Cheers,Dirk

Guest sunbear

Dirk,I'd like to try it but I'm afraid I'd mess it up. Sounds like you could be a valuable consultant for PMDG.Regards,jack

Guest dirkvanderlaan

>I'd like to try it but I'm afraid I'd mess it up. Sounds like>you could be a valuable consultant for PMDG.>May sound more difficult than it is, Jack. In fact the procedure is very similar to fs9 since primarily the location of the files fsx uses is different (see f.e. http://www.flightsimulatorguide.com/fs9-to-fsx.htm for some info on how to use fs9 aircraft in fsx). If you read it you'll see you don't need to be an expert to do it (I certainly am not). Just relocate some files and you're up and running.

Guest sunbear

Thanks for the info Dirk. I wish PMDG would move on getting the 737NG into FSX as that is the only PMDG product that I prefer to fly. I'll wait on the NGX from the ground-up, but it would be nice to have the old NG version in whatever shape into FSX now. At this stage of the game, it would be nice to have anything....Regards,jack

Guest dirkvanderlaan

>it would be nice to have the old NG version in whatever shape>into FSX now. At this stage of the game, it would be nice to>have anything....So give it a try and be amazed!

Guest sunbear

I want them more than the outdated MD-11, however, I'll still purchase the MD-11 if and when it ever comes to fruition. :)Regards,jack

Can I ask you if you have the 747 as well and did you install the 'NG' after the 747? In FS9 this action causes .dll problems.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest dirkvanderlaan

>Can I ask you if you have the 747 as well and did you install>the 'NG' after the 747? In FS9 this action causes .dll>problems.No I don't have the 747 and what action is that specifically?

Hi Dirk,I just wondered if it affected the installaion as it does in FS9? In there you must install the 'NG's first before the Q.O.S.

Dave Taylor gb.png

>Happy new year, everybody!>>I have the 737NG (6/7 series) running in FSX. Installed it>with the normal installer, moved it from the aircraft>directory to the simobjects/airplane directory, moved the>gauges and sounds to their respective directories (see picture>1), started FSX, went through the warnings cycle (choosing>'yes' every time) and here we are: it runs! Hi Dirk - a question about how you did this - did you run the installer and redirect the path into FSX, or did you let it keep the original path into FS9, and then move the folders into FSX?I have both FS9 and FSX installed on the same system, but on different hard drives, so I have all of the folders for the 737-6/7/8/900 already within FS9 on its hard drive....(wondering if I could just copy the appropriate folders into FSX's simobjects/airplanes folder from FS9...I also have the 744 for both FS9 and FSX...wondering if doing above would work without causing the .dll problems)....Has anyone else tried this migration/copy to FSX from FS9, and if so, were there any problems resulting from it?Thanks,JimSWVA #4420

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest dirkvanderlaan

> did you run the>installer and redirect the path into FSX, Yes, that's what I did, than re-locate some folders