Sign in to follow this  
HB75

Updated 747 (FSXFS9 unifier) CTD after loading!

Hi allI just have installed the 747X.After that I installed the update for the FS9 version.Since then FS9 shows a black screen after complete loading a created or stored flight with the queen for a few seconds and then it crashes to desktop!Meanwhile I tryed to repair and to complete reinstall the queen on FS9, but nothing helps. After I install the unifier-version it crashes after loading a flight...I'm running XPpro SP2 with all updates.What could be the problem?Your help is much appreciated.Regards Daniel

Daniel

Daniel Bucher, Switzerland

i7 875K / GA-P55A-UD3 / 8GB DDR3-1600 Corsair Dominator / 150GB WD Raptor / ATI Radeon 5770 / Matrox TH2Go digital

TrackIR 4pro / Saitek X52 / CH Pedals

W7 64

FSX.2 ACC / FS9.1

Guest HOTELBRAVO

Hi RyanI have the Version 3.75 of FSUIPC installed.I just saw the thread from lefteris regarding the throttle problem with 3.75. I'll update my FSUIPC today.. Hopefully this will help.But I don't think this is causing my ctd.I'll let you know.RegardsDaniel

Hi RyanMeanwhile I installed the version 3.769 of FSUIPC.Still the same problem - after loading a flight, black screen and ctd.What else could cause FS to crash after the unifier-update?Kind regardsDaniel

Daniel

Daniel Bucher, Switzerland

i7 875K / GA-P55A-UD3 / 8GB DDR3-1600 Corsair Dominator / 150GB WD Raptor / ATI Radeon 5770 / Matrox TH2Go digital

TrackIR 4pro / Saitek X52 / CH Pedals

W7 64

FSX.2 ACC / FS9.1

Guest Oz747

Ryan,I have the same problem as I've mentioned in another message.Would the information about the error being with the 747 Main Gauge file that is logged in Event Viewer help.ThanksDan (a different one)

Guest Oz747

The Event Viewer reports this as the error:The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Microsoft Flight Simulator 9.0 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: fs9.exe, 9.1.0.40901, pmdg_747400_main.gau, 1.2.0.1200, 00013bf7.If I uninstall the Unifier Update I end up with no bottom half of the panel. Reinstalling the Universal Update solves that problem and it all works well again.If I then install the Unifier Update again the same error as above.I did a complete uninstall of FS9 and all my add-ons. Fun. I did a clean reinstall of FS9 and then installed the 747-400 only. Added the Universal Update, all worked well for a complete flight. I then installed the Unifier Update and the same result as above.I uninstalled the Unifier Update .. bam .. no bottom half of the panel. A reinstall of the Universal Update fixed that. It all works fine again without the Unifier Update.Train Sim is looking good. :)Dan

Guest Oz747

Daniel,In desperation to get it to work I typed PMDG+Unifier+CTD into Google and it gave me the usual amount of hits. The first few were a site called Pir***Bay (* provided by me) and the message was "You need to have the 400F installed if you are getting CTDs with the Unifier update". Was worth a try for me as I had the 400F but hadn't installed it for ages.I installed the 400F and then the Unifer update.EXCELLENT!!!!! It works!!! No more CTDs.If you have the 400F try it if you don't ... I don't know what else to suggest other than it may give PMDG Support some information as to why it works OK with the 400F installed and CTDs without the 400F.I'm happy. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)Dan

Very odd that this should be the answer but in any case, as noted in the other thread, this solution is of no use if you don't have the 400F. As things stand I have got nothing for my 51 Australian dollars - the euro exchange rate was even worse than I had expected - while I wait for the new 45nm processors to become available and affordable before getting FSX.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Guest HOTELBRAVO

Bruce I totally agree with you..But anyway, installing the 747F seems to be the solution.After installing the unifier-update I noticed the possibility to assign some keys for the 747F doors in the PMDG-menu.I do not even own the 747F - at this time..But i was to curios after the hint from Dan, so I decided to buy the 747F.After the install, everything worked perfect.... :-/I'm disappointed a little bit about this fact.Because it is not affordable or not worth the money for everyone to get the frighter after purchasing the Queen AND the 747X.It's nowhere pointed out, that the unifier will only work with the 747F installed.Daniel

Guest Oz747

Bruce and Daniel I couldn't agree more. It is crazy to think there is no mention of the 400F needing to be installed to stop the CTDs. Moreso it is interesting the site that I found the answer on.I too was surprised there had been no response to your or others messages about those CTDs from the Unifier update. I had been following the issue every since I had the problem and just couldn't get it to work. I was at the stage where I had got sick of trying to solve the problem and was ready to offload my FSX/Unifier version. After all as I've not got FSX there was no other need for it to me other than for the Unifier for FS9.bruce, I see you've still had no response from Support so I guess the only answer is that you need the 400F installed. Worked for me and Daniel. I really don't know what else to suggest to you and I certainly know how frustrated you must be.I'll still follow the prgres with interest.Dan

Thanks but to get the 400F is another 50 Australian dollars!!! - total cost over 100 Australian dollars and the only immediate benefit is that I get the FS9 upgrade to work - hopefully. Like many others I wasn't thrilled at the way the 747400X release was handled but I decided to put those concerns to one side and purchase the FSX version at the discounted price for future use but also in the belief that in the interim I could update my FS9 PMDG 747. This whole business is indeed most frustrating.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Guest HOTELBRAVO

Hi BruceI understand you.It's much too expensive to get a third add on (at full price btw), just to get the unifier-patch to work..(I'm just crazy enough to get it though..)Further i'am curious what PMDG have to say to this "mistake".Then it has to be a mistake, because PMDG promised the best support possible to their 747X custumers (and hopefully other products) and want to point out this by "benefit" privious users of the queen whith the unifier..Hope there will be a patch for the unifier to help costumers like Bruce to solve that problem.Daniel