Sign in to follow this  
Guest Oz747

Releases of the PMDG 747 - Versions

Guest Oz747

I am trying to track down whether my reinstall of the PMDG 747 is being done correctly. I am also having that CTD with the Unifier version which is what leads to so many installs, uninstalls of the whole thing as trying to uninstall the unifier release leaves a mess of the remaining 747 .. and then another reinstall. And so it goes on.The PMDG text files show the releases as being:02AUG05 FINAL V1.R0 Released03AUG05 Update V1.R01 Replaces V1.009AUG05 Update V1.R02 Replaces All Versions01DEC05 update V1.1R0 Replaces ALL versions13OCT06 Released V1.1125OCT07 Released V1.12 (Unifies FS9 version to FSX version behaviors.)I have the installer file dated 03 AUG 05. I also have the Interim Update dated 09 AUG 05 and I have the Universal Update which is dated 01 DEC 05.I don't have the V1.11 release dated 13 OCT 06 and I can't find any reference to it other than in the Unifier text file. It is not on the PMDG site. The latest Service Update there is the Universal Update.Can someone enlighten me on the V1.11 release as the fact that I am missing that may be the cause of my CTD with the Unifier version.I don't have FSX, I just purchased that version to get the Unifier update.Any advice appreciated.Dan

Guest HOTELBRAVO

Hi DanStill the same problem here..I'm not sure if I have the V1.11 installed.I'll check that this weekend.Hope there will be a solution for this problem.Otherwise i have to uninstall the whole thing becaus an uninstall of the unifier only leaves a mess of the queen, as you know.Hopefully have a good weekend!Daniel

Guest Oz747

Hi Daniel, I couldn't find any references to Version 1.11 anywhere other than in the text file in the FSX and Unifier package.Can you check to see whether you get the same error message in your Windows Event Viewer? I'm not sure what it means but it does point to the pmdg_747400_main.gau file as being the culprit of the problem.I am thinking of copying the current pmdg_747400_main.gau file to a folder, installing the Unifier Update and then replacing the pmdg_747400_main.gau file it installs with the current one that doesn't cause an error and see what happens. It is a very costly Update to be sitting on the shelf doing nothing. If I can't get it happening soon I am selling off my FSX/Unifier update package to get some of my dollars back as it is useless to me as it is.Dan