Sign in to follow this  
Guest ARUBANEZE

Pmdg Options Menu

Guest venustus01

I have both the 747pax and cargo versions for FS9.I seem to have a problem with the pmdg options menu.I like to fly using crt display on the pax version and lcd on the cargo version.However i cannot select the lcd option in the cargo version as the option is grayed out when I load the gargo version.I do see it defaulting to lcd display but stiil retain the crt version on the pfd.The only way to get lcd on the cargo version is to set it first in the pax version where the option of crt or lcd is not grayed out.Is this correct as I like to fly crt on the pax version and lcd on the cargo version.Why is the option of lcd or crt grayed out in the cargo?.I hope I dont sound pedantic.I have all the latest updates installed.Any information on this would be appreciated.Regards,dimitri.

Guest venustus01

I didnt know it was an old issue.But thanks Miquel for replying.Its amazing,I have been using the aircraft ever since its release,and only just today realised this issue.Yeah a response from the guys would be nice.Apart from this, the simulation of the 747 is awesome!Regards,Dimitri

This is by design guys (and this has been answered numerous times) - only the pax model allows for selection of the different screen types. The 400F is LCD by default. (wouldn't make much sense to have CRT PFD and NDs and then have the LCD IFSD sitting there would it?)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi I'm 99% sure all real world Freighters are fitted with LCD only as standard. It's only some of the older pax versions that havn't been retrofited. I always thought that was why the option was greyed out. But maybe it is a bug.Roboops Ryan beat me to it

Rob Prest

Hi Ryan, I mean the style, not the layout or the LCD screens.The announcements on the PFD or the ND are differents.It worked with the first release of the 400F.I am sorry but seems that you can

Guest venustus01

Ryan,I have to agree with Miquel.If I load the pax and I select crt I get crt on the pax.No problem here.Then,I shut down FS9 and load the freighter I still get crt displays on the pfd etc,even though lcd is selected and grayed out in the options menu.In other words I get the display that was chosen when I selected crt in the pax version.There is no way to get lcd display on the freighter without closing the sim reloading the pax and then selecting lcd from the option box which is not grayed out.I hope you can follow what I am saying.Reagrds,Dimitri

Guest venustus01

Just to further elaborate what I mean.When crt is selected in the pax, the flight mode annunciator background is black on the pfd.That is correct.Now I shut fs down with the crt having been selected previously in the pax.I now load the freighter,and I still get the annunciator background as black on the pfd.It should be grey.The options in the pmdg menu are grayed out with lcd being on,but the pfd shows the crt style.So the freighter has loaded the crt style.I hope I am making sense.Sincerely,Dimitri.

Guest venustus01

If Ryan or someone else from the team responds to this,it would be appreciated.I just want to know that my installation is not faulty and that this is how the pmdg options menu is setup.Thanks,Dimitri.

I only have the pax in FS9 but have both in FSX and noted this issue shortly after the FSX release.Thr CRT/LCD setting appears controlled from the gauge.ini file where there is a single entry for both aircraft. If this line is removed, both aircraft default to LCD; however, any changes made in the Pax version reinstates the line and controls either pax or freighter on loading with whatever was last set in the pax version.Ryan's comment that the F is LCD by default explains why it is greyed out to LCD on the F options menu. Unfortunately, it seems that the Pax version options menu was still left in control of both versions.However, PMDG did comment on the earlier post that the developers were looking at it.John Rooum