Sign in to follow this  
Guest sanal

FS9 PMDG 747 bouncing during T/O and crash

Guest sanal

I was flying perfect since November. Suddenly a problem developed. during take off roll plane starts bouncing and FsP stops the flight and CRASH occurs.I don't know what happened.I uninstalled 747 and reinstalled. I tried to fly again from YSSY - PHNL , during take-off roll again started to bouncing and plane crashed.How shall I correct the problem??ThanksSanal

Guest Just747-400

Sanal,Are you running on a ATI video card?What kind of FPS do you have: 1)before rolling2)when you hear 80 KTS call3)and if you get as far as V1 or VrOn the same RWY, same conditions please use the default 737 and notice the FPS.

There's very few problems fixed with a reinstall, usually it's something we're overlooking.At what speed does the "bouncing" start? Are you still on the runway? If so, does a default airplane behave the same way?Didn't give us much to go on. Sorry.oh yea, what is FsP?

Dan Downs KCRP

.... sounds more like a runway problem than aircraft. Happens to me at LAX with many aircraft.

Guest SilverCircle

It most certainly IS a runway problem. Some runway surfaces are extremely bumpy because FS9 handles them like a "grass" rwy.The fix is to use AFCAD and change the surface type - concrete always works and will stop the bumpy behaviour.Temporarily disabling crash detection may also work, although FSPax may still report a crash due to the g forces caused by the "bumps".It's just a stupid bug which has never been fixed in FS9.

Sounds like the famous Bitumus runway problem with the 747 and FS9.As the above poster stated just go into Afcad and change the surface to Ashpalt or Concrete.Rob

Rob Prest

Guest sanal

Thanks to all for responding to my problem.I made some test as you all recommended, and my conclusion is "Bumpy Runway " caused three crashes.Three attempted flight from Singapore (WSSS) with PMDG-747 were resulted in crash. AS soon as I lined up with RWY 03L, bumpy take-off starts and end ups with crash.I switched aircraft and I tested with default 747, bumpy runway was still there but crash didn't happened. Same results with LDS 767 take off bumpy but I managed the take-off.Yesterday night I made flight from Sydney to Honolulu, there were no problems.It is amazing, how can Singapore Airport RNW03L and 03R can cause this kind severe bumpy rides and can cause PMDG-747 crash.ThanksSanal

Guest sanal

Where shall I find AFCAD files ??

Sanal, like I said you need to download AFCAD from the Avsim library and change the runway surface for WSSS YSSY etc from Bitumus to Ashphalt or Concrete. AFCAD is very easy to use... Problem solved. When I perform a flight with my VA to a Airport I have never flown before.. the first thing I do is check the surface in AFCAD. It takes less then a minute. Bitumus runways are very rare in FS9 but comming into Land on one in the PMDG 747 after a 10 hour flight will ruin yor day.

Rob Prest

Guest sanal

I am sorry I never worked on AFCAD file before, there for I am not familiarize to install AFDAC file from Avsim Library:1-I downloaded one of the "af2_wsssv2.zip" file ( I am not sure if this is the right one or not) from Avsim Library to "my Documents". I Un-ziped the file.2- I copied the "AF2_WSSS.bgl"3- Where shall I pase this file in FS9 config? and How shall I open the file and change Bitumus to Asphalt or Concrete?ThanksSanal

Sorry I meant download the program AFCAD so you could modify other Airports in the future. Tell you what, send me a private mail I will send you an updated WSSS. You will need to place this file in your Flight SimulatorAddon Sceneryscenery Folder. I have found that the only major Airport in FS9 with a Bitumus runway is WSSS. However my Virtual airline sends me on Cargo runs in the 747F to remote destinations. There are quite a few remote fields with the same problem.Rob

Rob Prest

Guest sanal

I just sent my e-mail address to you.Regards

File has been sent. Let me know if you have any problemsRob

Rob Prest

Guest sanal

Rob,Thank you very much. Your redesign of the Singapore airport got rid off the bumpy runways. Now PMDG-747 is scheduled to take off early 5:30AM to Sydney. All crew members and passengers are also thanking you.Best regardsSanal

Your welcome, glad it all worked out.Rob

Rob Prest