Sign in to follow this  
Guest apalaiol

Takeoff-Warning Sound 737ng

Guest apalaiol

Hello,There is a warning sound at takeoff when the N1 is above 40%. The sound stops when the main wheels leave the runway. I follow the checklist but i must be doing something wrong...Ps. I have some problems with some SID's so i navigate to the first waypoint with VIA DIRECT in the FMC. Could that be the problem?

The horn is usually an aircraft configuration problem.. flaps set?The navigation should not be a problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

Also check the System Annunciator Panel on the glareshield. Even if no warnings are visible, push the Master Caution light to clear any possible lingering warnings. I've found that although I clear any warning lights on the by clicking on the S.A.P., and don't push the Master Caution light I'll get warning horns.Jim D.a.k.a ilovetofly

It could mean a number of things. Most of the time it turns out to be spoilers or flaps.

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

Guest apalaiol

Guys thank you but it is none of these,Spoilers and flaps are ok, so is the warning panelAny other ideas?

Sir,might it be that you own the CD/boxed version of the 737NG? If so, there were some silly errors in those printed manuals (done by Aerosoft, not PMDG) which state that the spoilers must be armed for take-off.However on the 737NG you do NOT arm the ground spoilers for take-off... if you do you'll get the warning horn...Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest dirkvanderlaan

Was it your first takeoff? With me the warning will inevitable go off on the return flight takeoff. Cannot get it to stop. I just did a check by taking off at eham 24 (no warning), landing immediately (06, no wind:)) and taking off again at 24 again (warning). Same runway, same setup, no warnings on the master caution panel, pushing the master caution light didn't matter.

From what I recall, following conditions must be metflaps setspoiler downbrakes offtrim set (green band)If you get the warning during flight: pressurisation problem.

Guest apalaiol

Well guys, all of these conditions are met but the problem continues to exist:-fume :-fume :-fume :-fume

Guest dirkvanderlaan

>Well guys, all of these conditions are met but the problem>continues to exist:-fume :-fume :-fume :-fume I found out I had a warning light OFF SHED DESCENT, which had illuminated and then extinguished again when I changed the FLT ALT. Without the warning light, I get no warning any more }( }( }( }(