Sign in to follow this  
lollo883

B737-800 PMDG Navigation Display VOR

Hello everyone,since I have installed the B737 PMDG i have this problem: the navigazion display doesn't show the symbol of any VOR i select with a frequency. In other words I select the frequency on the NAV1, the VOR is received and the green arrow points to the VOR, and the radial/course line appears but the symbol of the vor with the name near writte doesn't appear. I have notice also that not all the VORs i select are not shown on the ND...just some of them. Why? What is the problem. Does anyone alse had this problem too?CheersThanks in advanceLorenzo Chiovaro

A picture is worth a lot of words. Do you have STA selected? What is the distance to station?

Dan Downs KCRP

This is what I wanted to say:in the Picture Number 1 you can see that the STA button in selected and all the VORs,VORTACs and NDBs are shown...in this case are shown both PIS VOR (a bit hidden by the route and the symbol of the aircraft but there it is)and PIN VOR (that is very visible). This is ok.In the Picture Number 2 there is the explanation of the problem: the STA buttom is still selected and all VORs are shown correctly as the picture before but now look and the distances...PIS VOR (wich is tuned) should be on the airport, near the threshold 04R, instead the green dashed line of reference of PIS VOR is stragely moved away on the left side of the ND. In this case the VOR is positioned in the wrong place for the receiver(green dashed line) but in the good place for the STA buttom (blue symbol)and the green symbol of the tuned VOR is missing...there's only the reference line with the radial (the green dashed line). Why there is this error...?To demostrate that this error doesn't happen with all VORs take a look at Picture 3. Now PIN VOR is tuned and this time the position is correct (in fact PIN VOR is positioned some meters ahead of the rwy 22L threshold) and also the green symbol of the VOR appears with the green dashed line of reference.This happens several times across the Europe...always with the same VORs...Thanks again for your help and patienceLorenzo Chiovaro

Lorenzo,I see the same thing. And I found the culprit. At the OM for runway 4L(?) you have an NDB named PIS as well. Using this NDB as a FIX in the FMC I can clearly see that the green VOR radials on the ND are rotating around this little guy.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/183021.jpgChecking the VOR view of the ND however showes that the VOR receiver picks up the right signal from PIS DVOR as can be seen in the below screen shot. IF theVOR receiver would pick up a signal from the NDB it would show TO. Now it's displaying FROM.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/183022.jpgConclusion. This is a minor bug. It might affect the green VOR radials for manually tuned VOR stations in MAP mode if there is another navaid in the vincinity. Now considering the PMDG NG was released some four years ago we should not hold our breaths for a fix. Good catch however! ;-)Cheers,

Hi, maybe it helps to rename the NDB to PISNB in the Nav Database. Richard Stefan has done this (adding "NB") with the SID/STAR Files when NDB's and VOR's use the same identifiers. Jan-Paul

Thank you very much for your help. I will try last suggestion just to rename the VOR and the NDB in the navigation database.CheersLorenzo Chiovaro

Hi, I found the soloutions!!!1. Way (Best I think) Simply swap the NDB and the VOR entries. The 737 reads the first entry for displaying radials. Should now look like: CALEDONIA CHU NDB 43.586914 -91.490419209.00NPISA PIS VORD 43.677167 10.390611112.10HPISA PIS NDB 43.589222 10.297083379.00NNICE NC NDB 43.590278 7.129444338.00N2. Way: Rename the NDB to PISNB should look like(sytax is very important, no spacing!! between pisnb and ndb: CALEDONIA CHU NDB 43.586914 -91.490419209.00NPISA PISNBNDB 43.589222 10.297083379.00NNICE NC NDB 43.590278 7.129444338.00NAttention: The coordinates should be at the same vertical position when reading down, not as displayed in the thread. Jan-Paul