Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heather 636

Grumman Duck Project - Volunteer Needed

Guest Heather 636

G'Day everyone!We're still tidying up the loose ends.Unless my beta testers tell me otherwise, the air and aircraft cfg files are completed.I hope for the panels to be completed this weekend.A few more touch ups with Mike Hambly's sound pack.Some paint touch-up and we're just about there.What I need is someone who is comfortable with working with FX files; either to create an entirely new one or edit an existing MS one.What I wish to accomplish is a surprise and will be that little extra bit of eye-candy for the end-user. Wherever Tom Schaad is, in body or spirit, I want him to see this plane and be proud of what we have done with it for FS2002.I downloaded "Special Effects SDK" but after the air files and the cfg files, I'm just burned out on crunching numbers.I would like to move on to the final repaints and cleaning up this package for release. I would be most appreciative if anyone out there with FX editing/creation skill could join the team and take on this little project for me.If you are interested, email me and I will fill you in on what I wish to achieve. I don't believe I ask the impossible because it is within the realm of what I have seen with other effects.It would also be great if anyone feels capable of making the wheels rotate. Another wish but one beyond my skills at this time.Sincerely,Heather Sherman

Guest Timbo

I can't help you with the FX, but rotating wheels are part of the model and cannot be added without the author adding them in the design program.[TABLE BORDER=0][tr][td]

[/td][/tr][tr]

[td]

[link:www.fsworldonline.com/~timsfsstudio]Click here to visit Tim's FS Studio!] Updated July 20th!

[/td][/tr][/TABLE

Guest Heather 636

Thanks Timbo.I was pretty certain about the rotating wheels issue but had to give it a shot anyway.Still looking for a volunteer. You guys must be all ex-military. Never volunteer!!;)Cheers!Heather

Heather,Email me what you're trying to accomplish with the FX so I can see if I can pull it off. The system is pretty straightforward but there can be a bit of black magic (i.e. lots of trial & error) to get particle system to behave the way you want (velocity, heat, gravity, etc).

Guest Heather 636

Just sent an email Peter.I am sure hoping you can pull this off. Would look REALLy neat. Surprised nobody has done it before as it is quite a common sight on some of the older birds.Cheers!Heather