Sign in to follow this  
lensman

FSXX hunts for non-existent registry key, slow startup

Hi all,I turned on my machine this morning and did my usual routine: start process explorer (from SysInternals) and then Microsoft FSXX. Thesplash screen stayed up for more than 20 minutes, so I looked atthe process with process monitor (also from SysInternals). FSXX waslooking for the registry key:HKLMSoftwarePrecision Manuals Development Group747_4001.00.18and it wasn't there. It wasn't anywhere in the registry. I've neverseen it before. The other keys there are:HKLMSOFTWAREPrecision Manuals Development GroupPMDG 747-400/400F for FSXHKLMSOFTWAREPrecision Manuals Development GroupPMDG747XF_GE_OZF...PMDG747XF_PW_CAF...PMDG747X_GE_AC (note no "F")...PMDF747X_GE_AF...PMDF747X_GE_NZ...PMDF747X_PW_AI...PMDF747X_PW_CAThere were no "RR" keys. Under each of those keys was a single subkey. The name of each subkey is "1.00.0000", and undereach is the usual (Default) (value not set) (REG_SZ).FSX has never looked for this key before (I've watched the startup for CTD problems).Placing the "missing" key slightly speeds up the startup, but why?The PMDG 747X is not the default flight nor the last flight.I must be missing something. Any ideas would be welcome.TIA,dan