Sign in to follow this  
JeffEvans

PDMG 747-400X / FSCrew2... I need a MENTOR.

I need someone to answer a few questions for me. Am only about 5 days into PDMG 747-44X and FSCrew2 and am getting frustrated. I HAVE READ THE MANUALS! First question is about starting the APU. After I start FSX, load the aircraft, load the FSCrew2 panel state, set the fuel and complete the FP information, I try to start the APU using the directions from the manual. Although the APU's appear to start and run my cockpit remains blacked out, apparently because of no power.Second... Do I use the 747 Load Manager to set passenger, cargo only or do I use it to see fuel also? I notice the manual says to set the fuel from the FSCrew2 menu.Would really appreciate anyone who could take a few minutes to help me keep what little hair I have left!Jeff EvenRocklin, CA

Hi Jeff,APU: Load the FS2Crew Panel State before turning on the APU.The APU takes several seconds to spool-up. Make sure battery is on first.The APU generator available lights should illuminate on the electrical panel when the APU generators are available.Press the APU available light in to bring the generator on line.Fuel: You should set the fuel via the PMDG fuel menu (there is no FS2Crew fuel menu).Please see the PMDG manual for info on how to access the PMDG fuel menu.You should not use the default FS fuel menu to load fuel into the 747 or it will cause problems given the complexity of the 747's fuel system.If you have additional FS2Crew questions, I might suggest scanning the FS2Crew support forum, which is located a few down from the PMDG Support forum.Cheers,Bryan