Sign in to follow this  
Uwajimaya

Weird crash to desktop on XP

Hello, I never had this problem until a recent reinstall of FS9 (patched to 9.1, Windows XP). Using the 737 and taking of from EDDF, at about 500ft AG, FS9 will crash to the desktop. The error message will point at pmdg_737_ng_main.gau I have turned traffic on/off, installed and uninstalled sceneries - it keeps crashing.BUT... when I take off from KBFI, I can fly all over the place without a problem. What the... ?!I've read numerous posts here trying to find the answer, but no luck so far. Anybody have any clue as to what might be going on here? I'm out of ideas.Torsten

If it only happens at one airport then my suspicion would be a duplicated AFCAD especially since you've been installing/uninstalling sceneries. You may well have an AFCAD file lurking around somewhere even after uninstalling a scenery, duplicate ones are notorious for causing FS crashes.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

Thanks for your response. I tried looking for duplicates but didn't find any. I finally gave up and uninstalled/reinstalled the PMDG 737s and that seems to haver fixed it. Knock on wood...Torsten

Where are AFCAD's kept, out of interest, and is there an easy way of determining whether there is a duplicate entry?I only ask beacuse I had a CTD last night just as I approached Heathrow and I have installed Aerosoft Heathrow having previously had Heathrow Pro. Maybe I have a duplicate AFCAD.ThanksRenzo

Bill Miller

Traditionally, AFCADs are in the /ADDON SCENERY/SCENERY folder. But.. many commercial addons place them within their own scenery folders in /ADDON SCENERY/scenery name/etc.. Some even add multiple AFCAD files depending on what options you installed. Aerosoft even has it's own folder in the main FS2004 directory.Two ways you can find AFCAD files: Install AFCAD if you haven't already done so, and then use it to open the EGLL (Heathrow) airport file. It will show you how many tmeplates there are, and which one is in use.You can also do a good old CTRL-F searach in your FS9 main directory.. simply search for EGLL and see how many files have these letters in them, and where they are located.Also, to narrow down the cause of the crash, was there a crash message, and if so, what file did it point to? You may want to uninstall the scenery, but NOT the AFCAD files, then refly the flight. If it doesn't crash, something's wrong with the scenery. If it does crash.. well.. still 1 million possibilities :)Torsten

After taking a little break from all the frustration, FS9 contiues to crash to the desktop with the pmdg_737ng_main.gau error. It doesn't seem to be AFCAD related. Does anyone have any idea what causes a CTF in that module?Torsten