Sign in to follow this  
Guest sanal

Error Messages

Guest sanal

Some times I am experiencing CTD., but I don't see any error msgs. Where shall I find the error messages??ThanksSanal

Sanal,1. What version of FS are you using?2. What are your system specs? 3. What are you doing in FS at the time of the crash?4. Do you have any other programs running at the same time as FS?5. What add-ons do you have installed for FS?6. What version of FSUIPC are you using?7.Which PMDG aircraft do you have installed?If you answer the above questions we should be able to help.Justin

Justin Paull

Very likely an unreported out of memory error... we've seen it happen and there's not much you can do about it unfortunately.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest sanal

Justin,1- 95% FS9 and 5% FSX2-Dell XPS 410, Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6600, Memory:2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz-2 DIMMs, VIDEO CARD: 1GB NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GX2 Dual-GPU Graphics card3- During Cruise flight at Flt310 over CHI area at SPOT view4- Asv, Radar Contact, Fs2Crew, FsPassenger and FE FPS: 30 locked5- All above plus:FSX,MAAM-SIM DC-3,LDS-767 ,Active SkyX.FSBuild,FSDC337, RealityXP, HIFI6- FSUIPC 3.5 Registered7- PMDG 737 series and PMDG 747I dont experience often, but I noticed it usually happens CHI area . before to Iceland and seldom when I am approaching to Newark (KEWR). During the flight without any warning suddenly FS9 disappears and screen goes Desk Top ScreenRegardsSanal

Sanal,Are you able to recreate the CTD? Does this always happen a long way into an ever longer flight?As a failsafe I use the auto save function in FSUIPC to save your flight. This function will save your flight to a file at a rate you decide. You can also decide how many saved flights you want. I use 5 files with a save every 5 min. FSUIPC will save your flight every 5 min 5 times. On the 6 time it will overwrite the first save. The next time you have a CTD, go to the saved flights and load one of the flights. Load the flight and press pause as soon as you are in. This will give you time to make sure that the flight deck is set up the way you want it. If you were using the FMC you will need to fly off track for a short distance and turn back (if you don

Justin Paull

Guest sanal

JUstin,Thanks for your advise. I will use the auto save function in FSUIPC. Sanal

Sanal, You mentioned it happens around a certain area? Check for any new scenery you have installed. I had some Helsinki scenery that would cause a CTD I removed it and it cured my problems.

Rob Prest