Sign in to follow this  
ahaka

Vista64, DX10, 4-8GB RAM

Hello all 744X users,Maybe this has been asked before, but I have been thinking of upgrading my RAM to 4-8GB and getting Vista64.I have Core2 Duo 6700, and 8800GTX with 764MB memory.My question simply is, how much better (if any) does the 744X perform with SP2 DX10 support? Especially in VC view. Right now I can get around 22-30fps in XP with some major compromises in graphics. Is there really any benefit for upgrading to Vista64 and getting DX10 support?

i wouldnt know, but all other games see a major loss in FPS when switching to either vista and dx10(or even dx9)

I have been trying DX10 Preview and quite frankly it sucks. I lost about 10fps from 25fps by simply turning it on. It also messes up quite a few things like the guide on the runway if you use it, some planes are just blank on the outside althought the 744X does not suffer this it does have a few issues with it.While the difference is nice when flying a Cessna 172 with the 744X I would stick with the DX9 stuff.John Veldthuishttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

Gents-the "DX10 preview" is just that: A preview. Phil Taylor was quite clear in his blog that the bar was set too high for them by the artistic impression and they ran out of time when they tried to fulfill that promise. I still believe that FS v.Next will be much better in that regard.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

I've tried FSX in Vista 64 DX10 with my 4GB of RAM and it was very slow compared to XP Pro DX9. Would not recommend purchasing hardware just for that purpose if there's no other reason you want to run Vista 64.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com