Sign in to follow this  
TC1

Low Fuel CTRL + X

After a long time away from the PMDG 747-400, I just began flying the bird again. Here is my problem, although I use the 747 configuration program prior to loading FS9, and I check the drop down menu for the correct fuel, I still receive an error message.The message is that the fuel level is critical, press Ctrl + X. This message repeats over and over again throughout the flight. When I reveiw the FMC PROG screen it tells me that I'll have more that enought fuel to land, if anything, I'm holding to much fuel on board.I have checked the EICAS for fuel, it shows that I have a smal amount in the forward center tank. I'll then shutdown the forward center tanks at the overhead panel. I would expect that shutting down that set of pumps would cure the problem.What am I doing wrong. Please point me towards a page in the manual so that I can see/read my error.ThanksTom

Hi Tom,AFAIK that sort of messages (was it in a green band on top of your screen?) is an internal message from FS itself.I would suggest you to disable the option SettingsRealism"Display flying tips" in FS9.I can immagine these messages are very good for beginners AND for default planes.But PMDG has his own fuel management and there are enough indications telling you that you are low on fuel : FMC-messages combined with upper-eicas messages (witch are connected to the reserve-setting in the FMC)!

Me too I am getting this message and and hide suggestion is pretty easy to do so.It's not only PMDG doing this but why before I never get this message, Is this mean that some add-on don't tell the fuel level to FS and you get this sort of message?

The PMDG fuel load is managed somewhat differently than the default aircraft, which had to be done to incorporate the complexity and realism provided by the sim. This is why you can't use the default fuel screen in FS to load the aircraft.

Dan Downs KCRP

I don't use the default FS fuel screen to load fuel. I do it through the PMDG 747-400 Configuration Program. I was able to stop the messages by selecting unlimited fuel through the FS9 Realism Menu, but I was really interested in selecting the correct setting within the aircraft.Thanks for the help,Tom