Sign in to follow this  
JeffEvans

FMC Company routes for PMDG 747-400X

I have found the list of company routes in the PMDG folder but how do you interpret them? Some appear to use the ICAO prefix of "K" or "P", etc. but others don't. Is there an easy way to find out, for example, if there is a route from SFO to Narita, Japan? Also, is there a way to simply look at the company route list and say, this one means "this" airport to "this" airport?Next, on creating my own flightplan.. can I use the FSX flight plan builder and then, somehow, translate that into something that the PMDG FMC will recognize?Would appreciate any help.Jeff EvenRocklin, California, USA

Generally, the filename is the orig ICAO, dest ICAO, sequence nbr. SFO to Narita would be KSFORJAA001 or similar.The FSX planner files (pln) do not work in PMDG, it's looking for .rte files... also, the default planner is dumb when it comes to SIDS,STARs and is not updated (it's data is from way before FSX was released).I like FSBuild, nominal cost and it exports to both FSX and PMDG. While not great software it is a basic utility that does the job. I may still have to tweak it's output to satisfy me.Once a route is accepted and executed in the FMC, you can save it as one of your routes... the above filename procedure is used.

Thanks, Dan. I imagine I could have FSX create a flight plan and then print it out and just enter the waypoints, etc, into the FMC manually and save it, right? A problem might arise if it calls for a waypoint, etc., that is not stored in the PMDG FMC.Jeff

Jeff,In stead of using the FSX flightplan builder, I would suggest to try following link to make a flightplan:http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/Really handy is the last-line route summary givingDeparture- airway -till waypoint -airway till waypoint etc to Destination.This sequence can be entered on RTE page 2 and saves a lot of time compared to entering all individual waypoints seperately.Hope it helpsSucces,Harry

I have found that RoutePlan routes fed into FBuild 2 and then loaded to PMDG is a good combination. You then only have to type the route name to get it loaded into the FMS.Cheers, Richard

Use the link to the rfinder provided by Harry above.