Sign in to follow this  
Guest Totalbeginner

747-400X problems

Guest Totalbeginner

Hi there!I'm having a few problems with 744 for FSX and was hoping somebody could help!1) I'm unable to adjust the frame-rates for the EFIS displays in the option "Performance Tuning". It's locked at 12 FPS and whenever I amend it and click OK it returns back to 12.2) The control surfaces do not move in the external views or wing views. The low-speed ailerons remain drooped and the high speed ailerons are flush with the wing. The flap fairings extend along with the linkages but the flaps themselves remain retracted.3) There's NO SOUND when operating the landing gear. In earlier versions of the 744 there was a beautifully animated landing gear sound, but now I hear nothing, just a chime.4) I can't program one of the switches on my yoke for gear up/down. There's only one option in the "assign keys menu" which operates both gear up and down...? Regards,Martin Neep

Hi Martin-welcome to the forum!1) If you're running Vista, you can use the PMDG OS & App Detect utility to correct the permissions set for your FSX and PMDG folders. It's a little-known fact that Vista doesn't like other applications messing with the "Program Files" folder so it restricts permissions (too much IMO).2) Make sure you have set "Advanced Animations" to ON.3) Not sure on this one.4) A very useful utility for assigning individual actions to keys is FSUIPC. Version 4 is done for FSX and when you register it, it allows exactly what you require.I am sure other forum members will chime in with more information so stick around!Best regards,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest Totalbeginner

>1) If you're running Vista, you can use the PMDG OS & App>Detect utility to correct the permissions set for your FSX>and PMDG folders. How do I go about doing that?

Guest zeaviador

Hi guys.I just did a clean install of 747-400X on a Vista PC, and have the same problems, except the sound.Looking for some answers, thanksJos

There's a pinned post at the top of this forum. Did you read it? that's why it's there...

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest Totalbeginner

I've downloaded the OS and APP detect utility from the "sticky post" and pressed the button labelled "Set PMDG subfolders write permissions for VISTA users group", chose OK for "Do you wish to continue" but it hasn't made any difference.I still can't change any of the options for the 74X????

Guest Totalbeginner

74X won't run for any length of time. If I try to change A/C I get this message (Also appears randomly)"A fatal error has occured, windows is trying to find a solution to the problem""FSX will now restart"Files that help describe the problem: C:UsersOwnerAppDataRoamingMicrosoftFSXfsx.CFG.txt C:UsersOwnerAppDataRoamingMicrosoftFSXdxdiag.txt C:UsersOwnerAppDataRoamingMicrosoftFSXscenery.cfg C:UsersOwnerAppDataRoamingMicrosoftFSXfdr.dat C:UsersOwnerAppDataLocalTempWER7C63.tmp.version.txt C:UsersOwnerAppDataLocalTempWER90AF.tmp.appcompat.txt C:UsersOwnerAppDataLocalTempWER9929.tmp.mdmpAny suggestions?

Please redownload and try again - there's a newer version I just uploaded.

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest Totalbeginner

>Please redownload and try again - there's a newer version I>just uploaded.Sorry, do you mean re-download the 74X or the OS detect utility? Thanks!

Guest spakie

I've got your same exact problems, though i'm more worried about the number 1 & 2 problems the ailerons are drooped down and frame rateadjustments for the VC are unchangeable the leading edge slats do not extend either although all the mechanisms to move these surfaces work, the surfaces (ie flaps,slats) remain retracted and the alierons do not move.I hope PMDG have an answer, it maybe a case of reinstalling 747-400X after running the utility which they have talked about here.RegardsPK

Guest Totalbeginner

Here is the solution to problem 2Options>Display>Graphics then check the box which says "Advanced Animations"I've had to uninstall the 74X as there seems to be no solution to the problem with it hanging. Had to remove the program because I was unable to change aircraft and FSX went into a cycle of crashing and restarting.