Sign in to follow this  
zachlog

Fuel Control Switch on B747-400X

The overhead panel in the B747-400X, even with the dome light on, is dark in the area where I think the Fuel Control Switch is/are and I am having a difficult time finding and activating it. I tried the VC too, no luck.- Is it the dark area above the Engine Start Switches ?- Is there one per engine or one for all 4 ?- Is there a way to turn the switch(es) on/off through the keyboard ? I know SHIFT+CTL+F1 cuts off the fuel and it works but my problem is starting the engines. May I assume if I do SHIFT+CTL+F4, fuel will flow to all engines ?Any shortcuts/advice on engine start sequence is appreciated.Thanks,Zach

zachlog

The fuel control switches on on the throttle pedestal.Shortcuts? I had a blast going through the checklist from cold and dark the first couple times, now it goes much faster and it adds something to the sim experience. (The first time took me at least 40min) You always have the option of starting without cold and dark, it fact that's the default panel state.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks.40 min. is pretty good the first time. It took me this long finding where everything was located. I think taking some notes along the way and doing it right should add to the experience. I will find-out after I complete an end-to-end flight (cold and dark to cold and dark at the other end !).Be well,Zach

zachlog

"Any shortcuts/advice on engine start sequence is appreciated."Select Autostart switch to ON (on overhead panel).Pull start switch (on overhead panel).Lift corresponding fuel cutoff lever to RUN (on forward pedestal/thrust quadrant).Seems to be much easier than pressing several buttons at the same time. Of course, there are lots of prerequisites (listed in the prestart checklists). Even with key shortcuts, you can't bypass these.Cheers.Q> イアン