Sign in to follow this  
JeffEvans

Simroutes into FMC

Have generated a flightplan (actually used an already existing flightplan) in Simroutes and exported it to the PMDG Flightplan folder. I then changed the name from SMF-LAX.rte to KSMFKLAX0001.rte but it won't load into the FMC. I get a "not in database" error. What am I doing wrong?Jeff EvansRocklin, California, USA

Guest SkullxBones

Not sure if you have a typo, but I see three zero's in the name, usually saves it as 001, not 0001.Jeff P.

It was a typo. In simroute I save the file ksmfklax.rte to the PMDG flightplans folder. The dialog box for saving shows all .rt2 files but when I open it in explorer it shows both the .rte and the .rt2 files but the plan I saved from simroutes doesn't appear in either place. Getting frustrated.

You're not trying to enter ksmfklas.rte into the scratchpad, are you? Just enter the name of the route before the .rte.Regards,Jim Karn

Just for grins, open the FLIGHTPLANS folder and verify it is there.

Dan Downs KCRP

No, I'm entering the name of the flightplan only without the extension... ksmfklax... into the scratchpad and then clicking on RSK button "co route".and... when I go to the folder for PMDG flightplan it DOES NOT appear there!?! I went back to simroute and exported it again and it STILL doesn't appear there. Stumped!

Don't be stumped, you found the problem. All you have to do is figure out what the export target is.

Dan Downs KCRP

That's what's really puzzling, Dan. When I go to the export menu in simroute I check PMDG and when the "save as" box pops up for the PMDG flightplan folder I can see all the other flightplans in there (from PMDG)but after the export when I go to explorer and call up the same folder it's not there.I wonder if I export from simroute to the desktop and then cut and paste it into the folder if that will work. I'll try and let you know.Thanks a lot,

That works fine! Wonder why I can't export it directly to the PMDG folder? Might have something to do with all the "administrator" crap with Vista.

Guest ivroth

>That works fine! Wonder why I can't export it directly to>the PMDG folder? Might have something to do with all the>"administrator" crap with Vista.>>The prob you have is definitely related to UAC and Vista. I found that if the software you are using i.e FSX or Simroutes has to write to folders within the "Program Files" folder, then nothing will happen. The problem is, nothing makes you aware, no error boxes etc.You can change the UAC attributes for the folder but I decided to uninstall everything and re-install into a folder named FSX, solved all the problems and runs like a dream.Ian RothwellEGCC - Manchester :-)

Guest tim3577

I also get the same problem when working through the PC Pilot (Vol 46) Airliner tutorial. I do not receive the 'KSFOKLAX001 SAVED' message when pressing the RTE COPY button (5L) on the FMC but I do get the 'COMPLETE' response. I have looked for the file on my PC but cannot find it.RegardsTim

Guest tim3577

My apologies for replying to my own post.I can confirm that Ian Rothwell's observation that UAC (User Access Control) in Vista is causing the problem of manually input routes not being saved. I turned off UAC and everything worked fine and I got the KSFOKLAX001 Saved message on FMC and the file was in the PMDG Flightplans folder. The decision that you have to make is whether to turn UAC off during the simulation, this could be a security risk, or as Ian suggests reinstall FMC in its own directory, i.e. not in C:Program Files - well I believe that's what Ian was suggesting! Thanks for the pointer Ian.Regards Tim