Sign in to follow this  
Guest tomahawk_pa38

ILS - Ibiza R/W 06

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Did a quick flight from Bristol to Ibiza last night. Arrival options in the FMC gave me ILS r/w 24 or r/w 06 so selected 06 cos of the wind direction. Approach menu of the FMC gave me 111.10 as the frequency and heading 063 - so far so good. However when I lined up to land I couldn't pick up the ILS - display said "EFIS/Nav do not agree". Any idea why - I'd tuned both Rad to 111.1 and selected the heading in both boxes - any thoughts ? Oddly enough I couldn't find a chart for ILS r/w 06.

I assume you're in the 737.The message means the course setting doesn't agree with the course in the database. The MSFS world is frozen in time, current data may be different.If you're in the 747 I'm confused.Please sign your name in this forum.Thanks,

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi. I had a look at Ibiza (LEIB) using Fsnav as my source, and for ILS runway 6 it states that the ILS frequency is 109.50 and runway 6 is a backcourse of runway 24. (same frequency both ends) and no GS and I think left and right get reversed if there is no BC swith on the aeroplane.Hope this helps, will look at another source when I canEdit. Using Navigraph as my source (hope this is not privaliged information)it states ILS rw 6 is 111.1 and ils for rw 24 is 109.5.so if the experts cannot agree then what chance have the amateurs got. In my limited experience when two sources disagree there are always problems.regardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Thanks Dan - yes 737PS I did sign my name (Dave)

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Thanks Dan - yes 737PS I did sign my name (Dave)

Hi StephenThanks for the heads up on this, I have updated my system and now works ok, and fsnav recognises the ils correctly. The isstructions from avsim site were good but not complete. I had to search for the folder and copy and paste into fs9 addon folder, then could add the scenery, anyone else doing this and using fsnav, don;t forget to run the database.John Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Top man !downloaded the file as you advised and ILS now works perfectly thanks