Sign in to follow this  
zachlog

A couple of PMDG 747-400X Questions

1. The RESERVES on the PERF INIT page of the FMC is not very well documented. I am assuming it is the sum of the following fuel weights: Minimum Landing + Alternate (alternate airport) + Contingency. Is this correct ?2. The manual states "two clocks located on the instrument panel.....". The only clock I have found is the one displayed when selecting CHR...from the subpanel selection but I cannot seem to be able to modify the time.- Is this the clock that is used in the cockpit and also feeds the FMC GMT information?- If "yes", how do I modify the time, if "no", how do I display "the clock" ?ThanksZach

zachlog

"2. The manual states "two clocks located on the instrument panel.....". The only clock I have found is the one displayed when selecting CHR...from the subpanel selection"Yes, the clock appears when you select CHR. Have you checked for two clocks in the Virtual Cockpit?"- Is this the clock that is used in the cockpit and also feeds the FMC GMT information?"On the real world 400, there is no synchronization between the clocks and the FMC GPS display. The pilots should make sure they all match up, give or take a few seconds."- If "yes", how do I modify the time,"GMT time is linked to GMT time in Flight Simulator. Sometimes FS stuffs up the local time, however (The real world has hundreds of different time zones, depending on daylight savings). Probably all international airlines set (and forget) their clocks to GMT. The GMT in PMDG should be ok already.Cheers.Q> イアン

Zach,RESERVES:A couple of suggestions:If no ALTN is required you could enter Minimum Planned Landing Fuel (MPLF)> 19000lbs or approx 8.5tor if an ALTN is nominated enter MPLF + the burn to the ALTN (or most distant ALTN if you have several).As a rule of thumb I use a figure normally more than MPLF but not to the extent that I have an 'Insufficient Fuel' Message.Dependent on flight, ALTNs & WX I normally enter a figure in the region of 9.8-10.8t in the box.The key is an accurate burn figure as part of your flight planning sequence prior to flight.Kind RegardsSteve Bell

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'