Sign in to follow this  
lefteris

Bit o' work in progress...

Hahahaha, I just absolutely love this. Just goes to show how desparate we are for something new out of the PMDG hangar.I just smile at the site of all of us staring at two white rotary knobs and say WOOOOOW, YESSSSSS ! ! ! !Soo funny. So Lefteris it seems the new NG will have it's gyro's functioning. That's great. Thanks for showing us two white knobs and keep up the good work.Xander

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777

Guest tmetzinger

Thanks, Lefteris!

Guest Erups

I think there won't be any more "where are the Inertials????" threads :)

Can someone reach out to Randy and ask him to rejoin the forums after his sabbatical too? :)Jeff HepburnKDEN

>Can someone reach out to Randy and ask him to rejoin the>forums after his sabbatical too? :)>>Jeff Hepburn>KDENWhy, are you missing him? :-) aaaaahh

Dave Taylor gb.png

>>Can someone reach out to Randy and ask him to rejoin the>>forums after his sabbatical too? :)>>>>Jeff Hepburn>>KDEN>Why, are you missing him? :-) aaaaahhAbsolutely, because we all used to talk (read argue) about flying and technique rather than release dates and business practices!}(Jeff HepburnKDEN

>Otherwise Level-D will still remain the only true "real as it can get">sim.>How so?Because it remains the only good sim that not only simulates most of the actual systems on a plane, but allows you to control them with something better than a mouse!!! LEVEL D made an SDK that allows users to use various hardware, both pre built commercial stuff aswell as making there own that can be interfaced to the internals of the sim. The best you get with PMDG is a costly driver for the bug ridden Go-Flight MCP,and thats it, Cockpit builders like to make their own, interfaces, or use better products and set them up as they need, and can easily do this with the Level-D SDK. IF PMDG were to follow suit with the 737NG and the 747 then they trully would have one of the best sims around.An example of why they should do this, is take a look at the MD11 or upcoming airbus, you cant really use fully the Go-flight MCP, due to the push pull buttons used in these aircraft, yet if an SDK was released cockpit builders could easily make their own switches and knobs and using an SDK program direct to them.I'm afraid having to click on a mouse, while trying to fly to me is now far to unrealistic, especially when using the VC. This argument as been made many times in the forums, but as yet PMDG still dont seem to see that for what ever concerns they have over IR that they may have, the benefits of extra sales they would probably have through having a "Complete" sim would make up for this.In the mean time, as much as i love the 747X its still the 767 that gets most of my SIM time, I can fly in the VC,with track IR and when ATC say turn left HDG xxx I can just dial it in on my MCP, and not have to try and keep my head still, or use pause to be able to get my mouse on the right click spot and dial in the heading and push the button.James

Guest Erups

>Absolutely, because we all used to talk (read argue) about>flying and technique rather than release dates and business>practices!That's not bad at all!Nice way of rearranging things around here ;)