Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flybyme

Speed Brake Armed on 737-700 PMDG

Guest Flybyme

Ciao to all,I use PMDG since 5 years allready and I got, few days ago, this strange problem...When I activate the speed brake during the flight I don't manage to close it anymore...it remains on "armed" position...So I've the green light of "speed brake armed" on and can't get them down..After landing, still I can't close them...this causes also to get the warning "horn" to go on while taking off...Any suggestion...I try to close the speed brake lever using the mouse..Or full opening the speed brakes and then giving thrust...before this usually closes the brakes and bring the lever down..ThanxPAco

I remember having a weird problem w/the speedbrakes. Use Shift + / to stow them. Of course, hitting that again will arm it, but using the actual arm feature resets whatever had gone awry. I found that if deploying speedbrakes using my mouse and not using the "/" key, i didn't have any problems.

Cool788.png
Corey Ford
QualityWings Simulations
Development Team

Guest Flybyme

I usually used the mouse for arming and closing the speed brake lever...I'l try now with shift+ /...thanx

Guest SkullxBones

Sounds like you and I must have downloaded the same thing that messed up our spoilers. I have the 747 (FSX), and just recently my spoilers stated doing the same thing, once I extend them, they won't retract.Jeff P.

Guest Flybyme

So, how do u retract them?

Guest SkullxBones

I can't retract them. Sometimes the '/' key works if I press it a few times.Did you add any new programs to your flight sim lately that might affect it or reinstall the PMDG plane? I realize you have FS9 and I'am using FSX, but it seems odd we both have the same problem, but with different planes and sim. Jeff P.

Guest SkullxBones

Hey, did you download the latest beta version of FSInn? That was causing the problem in my 747.

Guest Flybyme

What's Fsinn??I have the problem on the 737-700..