Sign in to follow this  
Holgi

FSX 747 Go Around procedure

Hello,one question concerning the correct go around procedure.I push the toga button, flaps 20

Does the silence mean that max thrust is correct when pushing the VNAV (LVCH) button during a go around procedure?Thank you,Holger

Give it a while and someone will help you. I'm at FL400 right now so cant check this for you.Rob

Rob Prest

Have work 2morrow so going to bed... will give it a try after work 6pm GMT when im back. Im surprised no one else has replied.Rob

Rob Prest

Good point Dan, as I myself keep forgetting about the good Wiki articles.This particular GA article is very interesting but it got step #1 wrong. It should read:#1) Stop cussing the AI aircraft that just pulled out on the runway in front of you while you're already below mins! LOL ;)

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest SuperGrover

>Good point Dan, as I myself keep forgetting about the good>Wiki articles.>>This particular GA article is very interesting but it got step>#1 wrong. It should read:>>#1) Stop cussing the AI aircraft that just pulled out on the>runway in front of you while you're already below mins! LOL >;)LOL Or the AI 777 that just overtook you on a 2 mile final causing severe wake turbulence :)Matthew R.Intel Pentium 2 450 MHz128 MB RAM1GB HDDWIN 9514" CRT :(

Thank you very much!The article is very interesting but unfortunely I didnt find a answer to my special question.You have two options to set the GA-Thrust. If you push once the toga then you get a reduced GA-Thrust, if you push twice times you get the full GA-Thrust.If choose the first option (reduced GA-Thrust, I think in most cases enough power)then the N1 Power is at aproax. 90%. If I now reach the acceleration hight and I select VNAV then the power rises up to N1 103%.This is my question or "problem". Hope you understand my intention because my english is not the best, unfortunely....Thank you,Holger

Would you not then set the desired thrust in the FMC since you're now under VNAV control? On the VNAV button -> cruise page ?Haven't tried any of this personnaly. Just where I would begin looking.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Maybe it's a pilot preference thing here, but I would not be using VNAV on a missed approach. After executing the goaround sequence I would be using MCP SPD and ALT and watching the VNAV real close. Things would be very busy in the cockpit and the last thing I want to do is try to figure out what that box is doing. ATC is about to give me vectors and I need to keep my attention on rule number one.Rule 1: Fly the airplane. Nothing has higher priority.

Dan Downs KCRP

To set VNAV or LVCH at 1000ft agl is SOP.For example you can look here http://www.smartcockpit.com/pdf/plane/boei.../diagrams/0002/Meanwhile I talked to a real life 744 pilot and he said that the thrust power doesnt change when you selecting VNAV (LVCH).So there are two possebilities:1. I make something wrong (most probably)2. There is something working wrong in the aircraft.Any further ideas very welcomeThanks,Holger

Hmm,seems that there is no answer to my question :(According to my manuals the power has to change to CLB (not CRZ) after selecting a pitch mode.Maybe someone can test it for me if it works on his system in the same way!?Probably it has with my pc, installation or something else to do.Thank you,Holger