Sign in to follow this  
hrhett01

Thoughts.

Dear All,I would like to pose a question (take a survey) to the PMDG team and the community. Please forgive me if this has been discussed before. As an avid enthusiast of our hobby since FS2000 I have long enjoyed watching the products mature throughout the years: Phoenix and the 777 which was revolutionary at the time with (if my memory serves me) a functioning FMC and autopilot. Not to be outdone by Level D which took the hobby to a whole new level with a virtual cockpit that combined performance with functionality (credit due to the A320 PIC). And most recently, an entirely new breed of aircraft representation: Queen of the Skies. I think it would be difficult to argue that PMDG has set the bar to a level that many of us judge all other aircraft add-in by. Wow! As I contemplate the next paradigm shift the following has come to mind...In early flight from KORD to RJAA in my 777 I was thinking how cool it would be to fly this marvelous piece of machinery with the same thought and detail put into the Queen. As I taxied from the gate to my departure runway what an awesome addition it would be to have an electronic flight bag and taxi cameras as in the real 773. I understand (having worked in the software industry for many years) that these projects take time, and lots of it. But even though Phoenix has a 777, and not a bad one at that, I

Howard Rhett

P3Dv4 & v5 | Windows 10 64-bit Home | 32Gb RAM | i9-9900k @ 3.60Ghz | Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 | Cirrus yoke | CH Pedals | CH Throttle Quadrant | Oculus Rift S| 500Gb SSD OS | 5Tb HDD

To an extent I agree with you, I'd rather see a 777 than an MD-11 (this is of course totally hypothetical) but myself and, I suspect, a great many other people would like the NGX before anything else! I do however bow to PMDG's decision making, I'm sure there are many other factors that decide what they do as well as public opinion!IF such things could be decided by vote (aint going to happen!) then my personal order of preference would be 1) 737 NGX 2) An Airbus then 3) B777. The MD-11 holds no interest for me at all I'm afraid.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

>The MD-11 holds no interest for me at all I'm afraid.That's how I am with regards to the 777. Wouldn't bother me if they built one as it would make many people happy, it's just something I would probably never buy.Howard, I would search for this topic on here. There have been numerous threads on PMDG and a 777, and I'm sure you'd get the answers you are looking for. :)

Thanks Mike!

Howard Rhett

P3Dv4 & v5 | Windows 10 64-bit Home | 32Gb RAM | i9-9900k @ 3.60Ghz | Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 | Cirrus yoke | CH Pedals | CH Throttle Quadrant | Oculus Rift S| 500Gb SSD OS | 5Tb HDD

And theres an even greater desire for an MD-11, which as it currently stands, theres only 1 ultra professional one in the making.....once again, THANK YOU PMDG!! for making an MD-11, and thanks again for making it compatible for FS9!!:-) Bryan

Guest sunbear

Absolutely no desire at all for a 777 much less the MD-11. I'm more interested in the NGX and the newest upcoming 787. These are the aircraft that are currently populating or about to populate the skies worldwide. The MD-11 is history. Will I buy it? Yes, I'll buy it simply because I know that PMDG will do a tremendous job in replicating it. Just my opinion.Regards,jack

I don't want another T7 either, I would like a C-17 though?:-)The MD-11 was voted for in a survey, done by PMDG and was the winner. Thats' why they are doing it now.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest sunbear

I'd like a 'Re-Vote' :)Regards,jack

Guest jourdog

Yeh a PMDG 777 would be good but the MD-11 is what i want first because the sky sim one is terrible it banks faster than a jet fighter! The 777 i can wait for because wilco has a pretty good one.

>Yeh a PMDG 777 would be good but the MD-11 is what i want>first because the sky sim one is terrible it banks faster than>a jet fighter! The 777 i can wait for because wilco has a>pretty good one.If you want some numbers for comparison...The real MD-11 banks with:- at 300kts IAS max. aileron deflection gives you 2 seconds for 30

Markus Burkhard

Guest jourdog

with the sky sim md-11 i could bank 180 degrees in 2 seconds im not joking. go the pmdg md-11!

There have been so many requests for a B777 that I have no doubt that PMDG will put that right behind the A320 on the production queue. I too want a PMDG B777 just as much as the next person. But as far as the MD-11, I am very interested in this bird as it offers something new. Also, it's been four years in the making and is nearly completed. It would be a shame to quit on that now. And even if they were to stop now, you still won't get a PMDG B777 any time soon. Given the complexity of that airliner, it'll be a while before we get to fly it. Just my 2 cents.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png