Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

Gave in and loaded SP2 and disaster

CTD every time I load the FSX Queen. Anyone else had this?What can I do apart from uninstall SP2?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest diajohn2

XP or Vista?My Queen works just fine with SP2 and VISTA.

>XP or Vista?>>My Queen works just fine with SP2 and VISTA.XP

Dave Taylor gb.png

I had no problem with SP2 and 747X... what's going on?

Dan Downs KCRP

Probably the dll.xml is corrupted, SimConnect has always been a weak area. One of your 3rd party add ons may have corrupted it. This is how mine looks.....<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?>Launchdll.xmlFalseFalseTraffic ToolboxFalseFalse..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKEnvironment KitTraffic Toolbox SDKtraffictoolbox.dllVisual Effects ToolFalseFalse..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKEnvironment KitSpecial Effects SDKvisualfxtool.dllLevel-D SimulationsFalseFalseModulesLVLD.dllFSUIPC 4FalseModulesFSUIPC4.dllPMDG OptionsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGOptions.dllPMDG EventsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGEvents.dllPMDG SoundsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGSounds.dllObject Placement ToolFalseFalse..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKMission Creation Kitobject_placement.dllThis affects the file menu in FSX and if its corrupted then either stuff does not appear in the menu or in severe cases FSX fails to start. Only a guess, but thats my take on it anyway. Start by uninstalling 3rd party add ons and reintroduce them one at a time until you find the offending item.I had no problems, but then I clean installed in this order....FSX Deluxe, Acceleration (includes SP1 and SP2), SDK, SDK SP1a, SDK Acceleration Version. I tried the SDK SP2 version and prefer the Acceleration one as some items were missing from the file menu with the SDK SP2. Best to start FSX before applying SP1 and the same with SP2, so it at least builds the FSX.cfg Likewise if you take the FSX/Acceleration route instead. Then, one by one under test conditions reintroduce 3rd part aircraft/programs and check for problems.Reider