Sign in to follow this  
Azapata87

Autoland 2002

I have a question, a couple months ago I saw a post from the author of Autoland 98 and 2000. He stated that soon as he was finished on the landclass program he was going to finish the Autoland for 2002. Does anyone no the fate of Autoland 2002?David AlbrightFAA Flight dispatcherSingle and Mult-engine rated pilot500 hours Real PIC2000 hours Sim PICSim Test Pilot

I saw an autoland guage in the file libraries a while back. Do a search for it - it should be there.

BobK

Autoland 2000 and 98 is a free standing program like FSmeteo. David AlbrightFAA Flight dispatcherSingle and Mult-engine rated pilot500 hours Real PIC2000 hours Sim PICSim Test Pilot

Sorry about the delay with Autoland 2002. About the same time I completed the program, I started to notice some pain in my right arm and hand, making it difficult for me to spend time typing documentation. I'm only able to do bits and pieces, but until I have surgery to correct the problem in my arm (nerve damage), I'm afraid I'll have to postpone release. Right now, it's looking like September before I can have the surgery, so there's a bit of a wait, I'm afraid.Also, when I released Landclass Assistant, I received several "trash emails" from people complaining that I didn't release professional quality documentation. That has somewhat subdued my eagerness to share my work in the future, especially in light of recent problems with my arm. Two or three trash emails are enough to ruin incentive for providing free apps for our community. But I'm sure my anger will slowly cool and I'll pick up where I left off after my arm has improved.In the interim, Autoland 2001, which is available at Flightsim.com, works with FS2002 along with FSUIPC 2.8x or higher. You just need to disable FSUIPC's V/S sign correction, but that's all. If you know how to follow FS2002's APR mode, Autoland 2001 works just fine. If you have Autoland 2001 installed, I can send you the .exe for Autoland 2002 if you just send me an email to the address I used in the Autoland 2001 docs... You can run the .exe from any folder... There won't be any docs, but Autoland 2002 (which works with FS98, FS2000 and FS2002) can be quickly learned by anyone with Autoland 2001 experience.Regards,-John

John,Don't let them get you down guy.. I have been a big fan of your autoland programs since '98 (when they were 'adventures'). I saw the previous posts that you were coming out with a new one and thought (how could he top Autoland 2001? ). Your works are excellent, and I'm sure there's got to be several thousand flight simmers out there that are still enjoying them. I really don't understand the ones that complain about freeware. They must think developing this stuff is easy. I used to do some aircraft painting for FS98 (when it was comparatively 'easy'), but have developed some of the same problems you have with the nerves in the wrists and hands. Now, with all the textures required for a plane, and a computer that doesn't seem to like staying in 'paint' type programs for too long without locking up, I just don't paint anymore. (Do you still have the Trans International DC-8-63 ?)Anyway, hope they can help you with the nerve problems, I don't know how old you are, but I'm 57 and they say the best thing I can do for them is to reduce the exposure (less keyboard time), or change your positioning often and use any tools you can find to make your computer work easier on the wrists.All the best, thank you for you contributions and I really hope you stick around, but wouldn't blame you if you don't. I will be sending an e-mail for autoland 2002. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to figure it out.Smooth flights and happy landings,Bob

I'm still enjoying the TIA DC-8! I recall showing it to my wife a few days ago, and commenting that it was the aircraft which took me on my first trip to Europe... It Autolands quite well using Autoland 2001/FS2002--not that the original ever did!Thanks for your words and encouragement. I've been at my office today with a bag of ice next to my arm... Offers some relief... I'm on the fence about the surgery, since it would require a general, according to the Dr., in addition to a long recovery. Came out of the blue, the pain in my arm, although some suspect it may be related to a rear end collision that I received about 18 months ago. Was hit by a truck doing around 35 while I was driving a little 'ol compact. I remember my arms were very sore after that accident, but other than a light concussion, I walked away (my car didn't).-John

hmmm my dad suffered nerve damage while riding a new prototype coaster known as "X" at an amusement park... Hes 48 but thinks he 24 lol. Hed ride it again even with the pain in his shoulder :-lol . Ahh well anyways I hope you get well ahead of schedule after your surgery :-) . Andrew