Sign in to follow this  
Ray_the_pilot

FSX CTD when selecting PMDG

Hi,Due to installation of a new motherboard, I have formated all my harddrives. I am now setting everything up again, including the FSX with all its add-ons.The installation of PMDG747X went Ok. The problem starts when I selects 747 in the "Select Aircraft"-window. Then I get a "A fatal error has occured. Tell Microsoft about this problem"-message.Earlier I installed the Wilco/FeelThere 737PIC, but uninstalled it again, after I remember it created some conflict with PMDG. After that I reinstalled the PMDG747X and LevelD 767 for FSX.Now I am getting the "fatal error" message, followed by a CTD. The same thing also happen when I try to select the LevelD767. There seem to be the gauges/panels that is causing the problem. The Error report point to pmdg_747400_main.dll. Anybody knows what can be causing this?The only thing I have not tried at this point, is editing the dll.xml file. Anybody know the location?Raymond

Guest jourdog

this usually only happens if you dont have SP1 installed. Both these products need SP1 to function. The same thing happened to me until i installed SP1.

I had this issue myself. Windows Vista 32 bit, clean install, FSX - FSX SP1 - FSX SP2 - PMDG. UAC is turned off.This happens when I select the PMDG plane with the default paint scheme. I get a FSX crash then FSX crashes with the details below. It doesn't get to the preview stage. Here's an snippit of the error, I'll update this post with the full error if required.Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: fsx.exe Application Version: 10.0.61472.0 .. OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.2 Locale ID: 3081Additional information about the problem: LCID: 3081Read our privacy statement: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409The interesting thing for me is that I installed all my stuff under the Administrator account. I just set up my user account and it is in this account that I am getting the errors.So I zipped up my FSX folders in both accounts (%APPDATA%MicrosoftFSX) and replaced the files in the FSX folder under my profile with the ones in the Administrator profile. It fixed the problem.If it's any consolation, I had exactly the same problem with the Level-D 767 and this has fixed it too.I have the original ZIP files of both %APPDATA%MicrosoftFSX directories before the fix if support would like a copy. I know this might not fix everyones problem, but it might be useful.Cheers,Matthew Webb.

Matt Webb