Sign in to follow this  
Guest tompeel

747- why CLB mode displayed in CRZ?

Guest tompeel

I sometimes get a situation where the mode displayed above the N1 settings is 'CLB', although I'm currently in Cruise, with SPD and 'VNAV PATH' shown in the PFD. I'm not exactly how this happens, but it seems to be happening after I have changed the cruise altitude in the FMC VNAV page, and then set ALT to the new altitude and pressed FLCH. Is this the wrong procedure? Can I get it to display CRZ again? Sorry if this already covered in a previous post, couldn't find anything.TIAbtw this is PMDG747-400F for FS9

I'm not where I can test it, but I don't think you need to press FLCH to change the cruise altitude. I do recall that I've seen this too, but forget the exact sequence at the time.Try ALT HLD then back to VNAV... that should clear the CLB mode.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest tompeel

That't correct, if you don't press FLCH it will climb to the new altitude, but rather slowly, in my experience, that's why use FLCH. Just tried ALTHLD, we get SPD LNAV ALT (boxed then active).Now back to VNAV - got SPD LNAV VNAV ALT (boxed then active) and FMC message CHK ALT TGT.But we're still on CLB thrust indicated.T.

Normal cruise climb is relatively smooth (slow) intentionally to save fuel.The FMC message CHK ALT TGT is telling you somthing... means the MCP ALT is not in agreement with the FMC. The FMC will command CLB mode until those two agree in this situation, I think.

Dan Downs KCRP

Say your cruising at FL350 and want to climb to FL370 Set the new Alt in the MCP then PUSH the Alt knob. 'You shouldn't need to change the Alt in the FMC. You will see a Automatic message 'New Crz Alt' that you have to clear in the FMC. Also If you need to change Thrust settings eg Cont Thrust or back to Crz during those famous fs9 winds shifts, just use the Thrust Lim page.Rob

Rob Prest

Guest tompeel

That's the point I don't understand. I have set FL350 in the FMC and on the ALT selection, then press FLCH.

Only set new FL on MCP then PUSH the ALT knob dont touch FLCH

Rob Prest

The CLB thrust limit on the Upper EICAS in cruise is an airline *option*.. Don't worry about it ;)Although it was a user-adjustable option in another sim, I can't recall if it is in PMDG's 744.During RW maintenance on the 744, I routinely have to check that the default value is CRZ or CLB (as applicable).CLB is considered the safer option of the two.Cheers.Q> イアン

...or perhaps you changed airlines??? :(Cheers.Q> イアン

i did set to norm also the autothrottle whenduring cruise it doesnt control by itself for example the fmc speedis 250 but the at wont control till 250 and it keep going up zz 

i did set to norm also the autothrottle whenduring cruise it doesnt control by itself for example the fmc speedis 250 but the at wont control till 250 and it keep going up zz 

How does it feel to dig up a 9 year old topic about the previous 747?

sig1.png
sig2.png

How does it feel to dig up a 9 year old topic about the previous 747?

Maybe because the OP did what everyone encourages... Searched the forums?? Perhaps he came across this thread and didn't check that it was specifically in the QOTSII forums, and it's recency?

7900X OC @ 4.8GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional | 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (SLI) | 32GB G.Skill DDR4 2800

You can set the option for showing CLB resp. CRZ in the FMC (read introduction manual) and is truly a airline option

FLCH = Flight Level Change where the autopilot will command a CLB thrust setting and tries to maintain the speed you have set (pitch for speed)

IF you don't want to use FLCH then use VS mode

You can set the option for showing CLB resp. CRZ in the FMC (read introduction manual) and is truly a airline option

Given the time of original post, I don't know if this is applicable in this case. This wasn't possible in the V1, and I don't know when V2 was released (I don't have it, either).

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.