Sign in to follow this  
JeffEvans

PMDG 747 for FSX and Radar Contact

I'm having trouble using Radar Contact with the PMDG 747-400 but not with stock FSX aircraft. I'm working with Radar Contact developers on the situation but am wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem. The key strokes are not recognized by Radar Contact. If anyone else has experienced this and found a solution, please let me know.Thanks,

I noticed it too, but at beginning of a flight evrythings ok with PMDG and Radarcontact. After a while and more load to the CPU i think,the inputs to RC last longer or stop.This happens not every Time, but often.Please let me know, if PMDG knows this Bug and fix it with a Patch.I have no solution by myself.PS: Sorry for bad Englishhowy1

i have this same slow down and eventual stop of rc with the queen tookav

what i found in a couple of these reports in the rc forum, is the user was running autosave (1 didn't even know it was running), and a .flt/.wx file was being saved every 60 seconds. everytime a .flt/.wx files are saved, a corresponding rc .rcd file is saved. which is slightly disk intensive operation (as is the .flt/.wx files). if a key was entered while one of these .rcd saves was going on, it's possible the key wasn't registered. which ends up looking like rc is unresponsive.as soon as autosave was dialed back, and saves occurred every 5 minutes, rc looks, feels, behaves normally. you might want to check that out.jd

this isn't your problem. i was addressing the issue with rc becoming unresponsive.i'd be interested in others with radar contact, and pmdg, and whether it works for them.and i'd prefer the answers in the rc forum, so i can monitor them more closely. i only came over here, jeff, because you said there were many comments about radar contact over here. this post turned into a different symptom, which i've found to be caused by overly aggressive auto-saving.jeff, your issue is rc nevers sees the key strokes you're hitting. that is still un resolved.