Sign in to follow this  
Guest GRW

Where Are The SIDS/STARS?

Guest GRW

Software used PMDG B737 600/700 V1.3AIRAC 0608HiCan you please give me some help on the followingWhen following the excellent tutorial by Fred Clausen I have no problems. But when I try and load a flight of my own I cannot seem to find any SIDs/STARS listed.For example;If I fly from London Hearthow (EGLL) and enter my origin on the route (RTE) page I get the error message "EGLL err: 05 rwy unknown".I then try to fly from Gatwick to Manchester in the UK. When I select the DEP ARR options I see no SIDS/STARS to select. I don't even see a approach option into Manchester.Is this because I need to update my AIRAC file or do I need something like FS Build or FS Nav to build my route and enter the SID/STAR manually? If so which one would best perform this task.Also when planning a route I sometimes get the error "DISCO INSRTD AFTER XXXX", XXXX being the airport code. Could anybody please tell me what this means and how to correct it.I am sorry that this is a bit long but I am new to the PMDG B737 and especially the FMC part!All I want to do is build a flight plan between airport A and airport B anywhere in the world and be able to enter it in the FMC with the appropriate SID/STAR/Airways.Thank you for your time in reading this and any help would be appreciated.Gary

Hi GaryYour airac cycle is very out of date, the current one is 0801. However if you want to update on say a monthly basis, then unfortunately there is no freeware that I am aware of, and I would guess that most serious flightsimmers would use the payware from Navigraph. link here http://www.navigraph.comthis has everything one would require for proper planning with charts etc.There are available some freeware sid/stars written by users herehttp://www.navdata.at/and you will have to manually install them into the relevant folders.If you are in a position to be able to subscribe to Navigraph, then that is the way forward to keep up to date.best regardsJohn Calleja (BAW352 armchair pilot)

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

See also the article on SIDSTARs in the PMDG OPS Wiki section: http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/SIDSTARSRy 05 at EGLL was closed awhile back. Runways open, close and renumber. Procedures change often. The MSFS doesn't have a navigation database that is easily updated; hence, the add-on aircraft that strive for realistic flight must use an add-on navigation database.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest GRW

Thanks for your help. Do you think I would still need something like FS Build or FS Nav or even nDAC?Gary.

Getting an account with Navigraph has been a highly invaluable resource for me. Plus, for terminal procedures that aren't covered by the new AIRAC cycles, check out Terry Yingling's http://www.planepath.comNote: some of the terminal proceedures on PlanePath will revert to an older, out of date AIRAC so be carefull. I use it for my LDS763 and FT EMB145.

Keeping my eyes skyward,

Raymond Jornd

Sr. Captain

American Airlines Virtual

"DISCO INSRTD AFTER XXXX" is quite normal, Gary. I recommend you read the FMC chapter in the manual - not just about that message but the whole thing. You're going to need a thorough understanding of the FMC anyway and that chapter will solve many problems for you before they arise.Cheers.Geoff

Geoffrey Kent

Guest GRW

Thanks for all your help.Regards,Gary.