Sign in to follow this  
Carolus39

FS9 B744 gives troubles on landing, need help

Hello CaptsI have this situation where the B744 get erratic when I have to turn to the Loclizer to land.It starts to turn, but keeps turning and even as the bank limit is on 25 degr. it keeps on turning untill it eventuely stalls.After a flight of 2 or 5 hours this is a pity. I have check the rudders and other things but didn't find any specials.I did turn off the AP and turned it on again, but that didn't help eitherIt also occasionely happens when I take off but that is perhaps once a year.Is there someone who has experienced this also.This is annoying especialy when I fly ATC online.Hope some one has some clue.Carlos Oosterling }( }( ;(

Could you post a screenshot?Rob

Rob Prest

Hello RobI will try soon, but not to day for I will have to start all over again.Additional info is that a lot of programs hangs after this happens.I also run ASV 6.5, BAV OSP and FSReal time and of course Squawkbox3 and the connection to Vatsim ATC.Perhaps this is to much for the comp, although I have a AMD X2 4400 and Video 7900GS card, 2GB mem.Carlos

Did you manually tune the ILS frequency with the correct freq and runway heading? (or let the FMC autotune it?)Cheers.Q>

Hello RobI have uploaded 2 files as attachments.One is resized so it is not that sharp to look at.This morning I have tried some sort of trafect pattern at London EGLL, with the same programs running but without the Sqauwkbox3 and I had no problems. Smooth landing.As soon as I go ATC online there is where it starts at the landing.The FMC autotuned the ILS freq.I will also try the B763 to see if there is also a problem, can not remember.Perhaps the update we got with the FSX version for the FS9 version gives these situation, but I can not be sure.Perhaps I can reinstall some *dll file, I have all the backups.Carlos Oosterling

Carlos,I see you haven't engaged any LOC or APP modes so you will not see it turning towards the ILS but those bank angles are way too steep. Uninstall and reinstall the Queen. Try without any other add-ons running. Hope it helps,

Hello MatsThat is correct for I was being vetored by ATC and was just been giving new vectors to turn to engange the localizer and that is where it always goes wrong. Strange!! By the way the runway was just in the opposite direction the acft was turning.I did some test flight with the same programs running without SB3 and so without ATC and that did not results in problems.Anyhow whatever, the acft should not be banking past 25 degr as the bank limit was set to 25 degr. When this happens the acft can not even be controled manually anymore.I have to abort the flight, there goes 5 hours. }( There is this other thing and I might do this in the wrong way and that is, when the acft is descending and speed is set to f.i 220, the throttle will be set to idle or near by.What I do is that I also manually set my throttle to half way or so, I mean the throttle on the yoke. At that point the AT will speed the acft to the point where it will overspeed. I have set in the options to manually speed intervene.Carlos