Sign in to follow this  
zachlog

ATC with PMDG 747-400X

When attempting to use the FSX ATC with the PMDG 747-400, I get inconsistent results at best. I have made sure that the FSX flightplan is generated with the IFR designation (XML file) and I have two versions of the flightplan through FSBuild- FSX and PMDG. However, I am unable to get the ATC prompt for an IFR departure, keep getting the prompt to tune Ground control or the Tower. Have tried reloading the FSX plan multiple times through the FSX menus but it's not working.Is there an order of steps that must be executed to get this to work ? I have seen posts in the past where people do indeed use the dual flightplan approach for this purpose.Thanks,Zach

zachlog

You need to contact ground first... actually, the first contact is usually clearance delivery.Regardless, the default ATC is too limited to be of a practical simulation... it is ignorant of departure and arrival (sidstar) procedures and from there the list goes on and on.Give RadarContact or VATSIM a try.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest diskus

I understand its a difficult if not impossible venture, however it would be wonderful if it were somehow possible to alter the traffic patterns within the default atc as to landing takeoffs ( radio control does make some progress there) and approaches. Nothing more frustrating than to follow a realistic or possibly actual live approach and weather conditions, and then have a crossing runway takeoff with a tailwind interrupt you,