Sign in to follow this  
johanvw

SID/STARS confusion

Johan: Welcome aboard.Navigraph does provide SIDSTARS with AIRAC data; although last time I checked they were not installed in the correct location... see the pinned note above for more info on that issue.You can tell if your information is up to date if you are using 0801 cycle data. The FMC IDENT page provides AIRAC cycle, and you can open any sidstar file (they are just txt files) to see what they are.The next cycle 0802 is effective Feb 14.The navdata/sidstars installed with the aircraft are out of date.The AIRAC data should be the same as the SIDSTAR date to avoid the occasional problem with new runway numbering, new/deleted fixes, etc.See the article on SIDSTARs in the PMDG OPs section for additional info: http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/SIDSTARS

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan,Thanks for your rapid response.I've downloaded the latest Airac: 0801.After running the PMDG_0801.exe the FMC was updated, but no SID/STARS.I found the updated SID/STARS folder in the FMCWPNavData folder, deleted the contents of the PMDGNavData folder and copied the SID/STARS folder into this folder.Since then everything looks fine.Great to have this help!Best regards,Johan van Wijngaarden